Mud Flaps (1 Viewer)

lozbou

Free Member
Sep 29, 2016
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
got mine from peugeot car dealer thirty odd quid, not marked peugeot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Genuine ones are only £46

I fitted them on our Peugeot boxer, don't use the crappy bracket that comes with them though, it looks shite. Fix them with self drilling screws and penny washers painted black. Then put grease on them (y)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Fitted Fiamma front mudflaps last week. Not cheap but very good quality and very easy to fit. Not quite sure if they will large enough. Will be looking for a little mud to drive on to see if they give enough coverage!

colyboy

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
If you're at all practical, go to a company that supply truck & trailer spares. Buy some large rectangular flaps for a truck.Make a template from cardboard & cut the flap to it. They cover much more & are far more effective than those offered as a manufacturers accessory. Cheaper & more durable as well.
Don't forget rear flaps as well, particularly if you have an electric step behind a rear wheel.
Barrie.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hubby bought some rubber mudflaps for our old Smart car but obviously we've sold it now however he's only going to put the front ones on our new Smart car (the rear ones don't fit well and the wheels don't throw up much anyway), so he's gonna use them for the front on the new camper as they actually fit quite well - we measured them against our current camper. As they have a nice moulded/raised edge they'll look nice and smart too, the only thing we need to do is make a small 'arm' for the inner side but that'll be easy peasy.

At £10.75 (incl P&P) you can't go wrong!

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
If you're at all practical, go to a company that supply truck & trailer spares. Buy some large rectangular flaps for a truck.Make a template from cardboard & cut the flap to it. They cover much more & are far more effective than those offered as a manufacturers accessory. Cheaper & more durable as well.
Don't forget rear flaps as well, particularly if you have an electric step behind a rear wheel.
Barrie.
Exactly as I did and I used a sharp chisel to remove a length of the bristles to ensure a flat fit for the washers, didn't use stainless though :(

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Barrie.

That's what I call "Rough but functional" :D2

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
Did the same the sprayed then motif on,job done saved myself a few Bob
IMG_20180416_190934.jpg

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
The wife reckons I don't need these - now I'm retired and have lots of time to wash the muck off.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
You could always buy some plain rally type mud flaps and cut them to fit.
If you are reasonably handy fitting should be a doddle :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back