Mud Flaps - advice please (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
My mudflaps have come off, spotted by my wife so must consider doing something about them.
My 2009 Dethlefs Fiat Ducato needs the two rear mudflaps replacing. They are (were)attached by three pop rivets. No problem so far until I looked up replacement parts. It would seem that the exact measurements 300 x 300 range in price from £6.95 to £56. I am guessing that the most expensive are 'original' parts but does anyone have experience of the real difference before I replace them?
The only difference I can see is the name "SCHONEK", nobody seems to sell these and a metal strip at the bottom of the flap.
Alan

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The cheaper ones are very often made of a solid material.
I used them on the fronts but had to modify them ..
The rears.. If you are 'handy' I would use some heavy duty rubber mat ( often used in welding bays to stand on, but a variation and better reinforced option is used in production line belting which is where I got mine from )

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have a look here should be able to find something suitable at a reasonable price. You need a fairly heavy material or the just blow up with the wind force and don't do anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
buy a rear truck mud flap for under a £10 cut it down the center and you have two flaps all pre drilled i have done this on my last three vans.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
I bought a sheet of the stuff they use on commercial wagons and it was easy to cut in half to make two mud flaps for the rear of my van, still haven't got round to fitting them though !! It cost about £24 if I remember correctly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back