Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
What a week,whilst I've been working away in Scotland my van has had a full service and cam belt change which went ok.Next mrs Vlad had to drive the van to the mot station,Squeaky bum time,all went well UNTILL just arriving home the exhaust fell off:cry: She booked it in to our local garage who picked it up and fixed it before leaving it on the drive the wrong way round!
I arrived back last night to excited children and a rather nervous mrs Vlad,she said there had been a bit of an accident:Eeek:.on the table was a wrecked lead and plug from the ehu .It turns out she decided to turn the van round to start loading it,however forgot to unplug it first:Doh: She got out and picked up the end of the lead with the bare wires:Doh::Doh: the shock threw her back and she landed on her arse( must have been more than 240 v) when the house tripped out and the kids tv went off they came out to tell mummy and rescue her.
No permanent damage thank god I made a new lead up and everything is ok!
I'm sitting at the euro tunnel typing this waiting to go on our hols ,on the way down the van was running great, however when going up hill and I drop down into 4th on accelerating the engine management light comes on UNTILL I change up. Thought it may be a rev thing but it doesn't do it in other gears,any ideas . Probably just coincidence it's been in the garage :Angry:
Could the service or new manifold be anything to do with it ?
Me and the kids wouldn't let anything ruin our hol if mummy had died we would have just put her in the freezer until we got back ,isn't life simple!::bigsmile:

Vlad

Last edited:

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
CCTV

Now if you have a camera on the front of your home you could be minted. Just think of all the tv progs throwing wads of cash in your direction ::bigsmile:
Love your laid back attitude, enjoy your travels you deserve it just maybe not as much as your good lady :thumb:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Sorry to hear about Mrs Vlad's escapades, good job there was a trip fuse.
Re the engine light on hills, I had that with a 2.8 JTD & it was a faulty injector lead, it also had an occasional misfire, an injector harness repair lead sorted that.

Broken Link Removed

A friend had the same fault on his 2.8 JTD & it was the turbo wastegate stuck shut, some WD40 & worked it in with some mole grips cured that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Vlad, check they haven't 'disturbed' the wastegate lever when changing exhaust - guy by us had it (same issue) and quick looksee and a quick lever and it was away.

Sorry about missis - that'll teach her :roflmto:

Trikeman. :winky:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You need to make sure your external socket is protected by an RCCB Vlad!:thumb:

Mind you, that decision depends on how much Mrs Vlad is insured for!:winky:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Now if you have a camera on the front of your home you could be minted. Just think of all the tv progs throwing wads of cash in your direction ::bigsmile:
Love your laid back attitude, enjoy your travels you deserve it just maybe not as much as your good lady :thumb:

You Cannot Possibly blame Mrs Vlad;
When she left the Blue Ball she was OK if a little unsteady
and it is all your fault for not being at home.:ROFLMAO:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Joking apart, if Mrs Vlad was shocked to the extent that it knocked her over she should really have had a check up as electric shocks can play havoc with your cardio system. You'd better look after her for the whole of the holiday, no cooking or cleaning etc for her - she'll need time for her body to recover ... really ... seriously ... I do mean it! :Smile:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
What a week,whilst I've been working away in Scotland my van has had a full service and cam belt change which went ok.Next mrs Vlad had to drive the van to the mot station,Squeaky bum time,all went well UNTILL just arriving home the exhaust fell off:cry: She booked it in to our local garage who picked it up and fixed it before leaving it on the drive the wrong way round!
I arrived back last night to excited children and a rather nervous mrs Vlad,she said there had been a bit of an accident:Eeek:.on the table was a wrecked lead and plug from the ehu .It turns out she decided to turn the van round to start loading it,however forgot to unplug it first:Doh: She got out and picked up the end of the lead with the bare wires:Doh::Doh: the shock threw her back and [HI]she landed on her arse( must have been more than 240 v)[/HI] when the house tripped out and the kids tv went off they came out to tell mummy and rescue her.
No permanent damage thank god I made a new lead up and everything is ok!
I'm sitting at the euro tunnel typing this waiting to go on our hols ,on the way down the van was running great, however when going up hill and I drop down into 4th on accelerating the engine management light comes on UNTILL I change up. Thought it may be a rev thing but it doesn't do it in other gears,any ideas . Probably just coincidence it's been in the garage :Angry:
Could the service or new manifold be anything to do with it ?
Me and the kids wouldn't let anything ruin our hol if mummy had died we would have just put her in the freezer until we got back ,isn't life simple!::bigsmile:

Vlad

That's not nice... :Angry:

commenting on the size of your wife's arse... :Doh:

I hope she's well, a shocking tale... :Blush:

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
if your batteries run flat, get her to put her fingers in the ehu socket on the van,,she may have enough electricity in her body to get you through a few hours,,,:ROFLMAO:

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I do feel for Mrs V ! We try so hard to help - to please our menfolk. Why does it have to go wrong :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back