TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi everyone, thought you might like an update. If not ignore.............

Now back in the van on the lovely little CL you lot found for Bren. Released this morning after docs gave the okay - not quite all clear but we'll sort that at home. Meanwhile getting stronger, just need time to get over it. No more touring for us this year and Morocco looking a no-no for the New year - but we'll see.

Taking a couple days here before heading home.

Once again sincerest thanks for your help and goodwishes. Also the staff and medics from the ambulance team to the consultant who gave up Match of the Day were all superb, thank you Countess of Chester Hospital.

Terry

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Great news Terry...đź‘Ť
Rest up before trying to drive back up north.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good news Terry, take it easy no heroics, I'm pleased the site Hagnap found for you came up trumps. Morocco can wait get yourself right.
Brenda has been a star.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Brilliant news Terry. Drive carefully Brenda and if Terry makes any rude comments about “distance from curb” give him a good slapping from me! I haven’t forgotten our chat whilst we were waiting for the Ambulance.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
good news Terry and Brenda. Take it easy. I'm pleased Phil & Jane have looked after you. Phil has been amazing for Brenda whilst you have been in hospital. But then I knew he would be, they are a lovely couple with a great little CL, Nikki and I knew it would be the best place for Brenda whilst you were having your hospital holiday.
Rest up, take your time, easy does it.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
good news Terry and Brenda. Take it easy. I'm pleased Phil & Jane have looked after you. Phil has been amazing for Brenda whilst you have been in hospital. But then I knew he would be, they are a lovely couple with a great little CL, Nikki and I knew it would be the best place for Brenda whilst you were having your hospital holiday.
Rest up, take your time, easy does it.
Don't really recommend hospitals for holidays!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Great news Terry, This is my first opportunity to post since your mishap and glad all is moving in the right direction. My warmest to Brenda and the mut!
Hiya Phil been trying to respond but even my exalted membership doesn't reach a certain Midlands city!

Thanks for just stepping in wherever needed no fuss or bother. Seems Jamie took to you too.

But there is no greater friend than he who will empty a toilet cassette that has been filled with, well in the interests of decency I'll say no more.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hiya Phil been trying to respond but even my exalted membership doesn't reach a certain Midlands city!

Thanks for just stepping in wherever needed no fuss or bother. Seems Jamie took to you too.

But there is no greater friend than he who will empty a toilet cassette that has been filled with, well in the interests of decency I'll say no more.
No problem Terry, I'm just happy it worked out well as in the initial stages it did not look good from my position. As for the cassette, Lets just say I knew it was very serious when I upended it !.
Jamie was an adventure, when I took him for a walk he urinated like an elephant, he's all bladder. I could not see him sleeping outside so brought his blanket in to our motorhome from your motorhome. (Could not find all the good red wine I know you would have squirreled away, so you had two lucky escapes mate).
I slept on our bench seat with Mena in the double by herself and Jamie jumped up on his blanket between me and the back cushion seat and wriggled into position and then decided to use my legs as a pillow. I think it was at that moment he settled down but was glad to see Brenda when she turned up later. Looks like you will make a full recovery which is great news and we look forward to seeing you all again on another motorhome adventure. Mena sends her love to you both. Keep safe.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Delighted to here you are out of hospital :hugs: :hugs:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Okay, last post on this subject.

Bren drove us home quite competently and safely on Saturday, taking our time. and we're now trying to sort things out. Still going to take a little while but improving daily.

Once again our sincere thanks to everybody who got involved and we hope to see many of you again in the not too distant.

Terry and Brenda

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back