Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
Hi all,
I have a dealer imported LHD Moho, Dealer seems to have overlooked speed being in Km only when Cert of Cinfirmity was being sorted. I think I can get an inlay but just to enquire if it is to change it. I remember from previous threads that LennyHB may be a regular at this but hoping someone can let me know if its a reasonable proposition if dealing with dealer is too much effort
Ta
TK

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
As said Lockwoods if you want to just replace the face and have the milage still clock up in km's, or you could fit a kmh to mph electronic converter, which runs off the original face, 30 kmh becomes 30 mph, and the odometer also records in miles from when the chip is fitted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tkk

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
As said Lockwoods if you want to just replace the face and have the milage still clock up in km's, or you could fit a kmh to mph electronic converter, which runs off the original face, 30 kmh becomes 30 mph, and the odometer also records in miles from when the chip is fitted.
!st option, I think. Is the replacement easy?

Upvote 0

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
To be honest having done a few, I think fitting the chip is easier, on both you have to remove the cluster, if fitting a chip you don't have to remove the kneedle to fit a face depending on the vehicle this can be a issue especially on Nissans as pulling the kneedle off can sometimes pull the spindle out through the windings, meaning a new speedo head is required, and you do not have to ensure the kneedle goes back on in the correct place to ensure speedo accuracy.
What vehicle do you do you have?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tkk

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
Ducato 2018 build probably, Frankia conversion

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Ducato 2018 build probably, Frankia conversion
In that case it will have to be a speedo face, there are no CAN converter chips made for those as far as I am aware, or as the fitted speedo is not very easy to see, you could fit one of these on top of the binnacle like I have, it's not HUD despite the description you just read straight off the display, which is changeable from kmh to miles, and it reads off fault codes + it displays 2 other things like battery voltage and temp etc, easy to fit just plugs into ODB port.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-DIGI...d=link&campid=5338547443&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'm on my second LHD import with a KPH speedo, having owned and driven the last one for 15 x years.
The speedo is not part of the MOT, so I'm not bothered about an MPH display. I know what the corresponding speeds are, ie, 50, 80, 100, and 110 KPH, and the last owner of the current MH has already marked the perspex facia, with the equivalent related speeds for 30, 50 60, and 70 MPH. (y)

If there is a rule change for the MOT, then I will have to comply obviously.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'm on my second LHD import with a KPH speedo, having owned and driven the last one for 15 x years.
The speedo is not part of the MOT, so I'm not bothered about an MPH display. I know what the corresponding speeds are, ie, 50, 80, 100, and 110 KPH, and the last owner of the current MH has already marked the perspex facia, with the equivalent related speeds for 30, 50 60, and 70 MPH. (y)

If there is a rule change for the MOT, then I will have to comply obviously.

Cheers,

Jock. :)
To register an imported vehicle you have to have a MPH speedo but not for the MOT.
After import inspection I changed mine back to KPH as its easier to read & we hardly use the van in the UK. Passed its first Mot without a problem.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back