Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
What is the sort of mpg you guys get pulling your 5ver,

If you could state what truck you have, and the MPG towing this would be a good starting point for me,

Thanks in advance ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
err - good starting point for what? are you talking european spec or american.
If european im getting around the 23 mark with an isuzu 2.5 denver max and an x-tremelite unit from niche

Deleted User
I have a Mazda Bt50 manual, which is basically a Ford Ranger, and a Calder Leisure Ultralite. We more or less full time so we run at max weight of 3500k for the trailer and just over 6000k train weight, average towing is about 19mpg but down to 16 in bad conditions or very hilly terain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
I am more than happy to tell you what mpg I get with my F250 when towing but I am curious as to why the MPG should make such a difference.
Would the difference between say 16 and 20 mpg mean that you would compromise your first choice of 5'er and truck.
I would state that I am not telling the OP or anyone else for that matter how to live their lives it is just that when I purchased my 5'er and tow truck, MPG was way way down my list.

For the record I average 13.8 MPG (US) which equates to about 15.5 ish UK.

HTH

Rob

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Land Rover Td5 crewcab 2.5 pulling a Niche Eurolight grossing at 6.2 to 6.5 tonnes train weight gives a regular 22/23 per gallon normal towing - long distance motorway runs at 50/56 mph gives more - traffic jams or higher speeds reduces that figure - thats averaged over about 5000 miles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
26' Sun Valley from Niche pulled with a DBLE cab 05 Transit (2,4 Puma)5.75 train 25mpg.average
Link Removed

OP
OP
ehuplad

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Thanks for the replys so far,

I am just trying to get a understanding of the MPG, I like to know the whole picture.

We currently have a A class that does around about 8mpg on gas, but the plan is to full time in the future (hopefully in the next couple of years) and then, we will be based in one place for months at a time, so looking at the options to change to a fifth wheel. We would also look to go to spain in the winter for 4 months.

Not sure if we will change yet but i wanted to get all the facts about both options to make a informed deceision, so they may be more questions to be asked.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back