Mozzies N Spain (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Anybody in the Bay of Roses area? Heading that way but heard there is a big problem with the dreaded mozzies.

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
We were in Narbonne a few days ago and they were spraying the area from the air with aircraft! Have to say we suffered a few bites but not that bad.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It is not a new thing in that area, I have seen them like a fog in the headlights with campers without a piece of spare skin without a bite. Not much you can do about it but avoid like the plague.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Just buy "Autan" - spray bottle best - from the supermarket and make sure you put it on your feet, ankles and legs besides arms face etc - don't forget back of neck! Haven't had one bite this year! (y)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
in the 60,s i remember them coming around campsites etc spraying with tractors and big tanks .
you do have to remember lots of spanish coast was un inhabited for centuries . it was rice fields . thats why most villages are a few km inland . the plague area was just for going to in the day. mozzies love rice fields .
if it wasnt for daft english and german tourists there probably wouldnt be any houses etrc near the coast in most of med spain .

OP
OP
cakey
Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Sorry for slow response but lost wifi connection. We are now at Roses (Joncamar) and status normal i.e. take usual precautions. Seems the problem area is/was Empuriabrava just down the coast. The wife of the couple we met didn't have a square inch of visible skin that didn't have a bite. Surprised she wasn't in hospital.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back