Moving microwave (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I am a newbie
We have an Auto trail Comanche with the original (?) Daewoo microwave in a designated locker.
Problem is it moves around a lot during transit. Any ideas to keep it safely in place please.
Thanks to everyone who contributes to the forum, as newbies we have found lots of helpful information.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I know that some have a surround to them which should come off, you can then have a look and see how it’s fastened in. You should be able to put some packing around it to stop it moving.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
If the microwave feet are held on by screws, there's another trick. Cut a piece of thin plywood to just fit the base of the locker. Drill though the plywood and use longer screws to go through the plywood, the feet and into the microwave base. Obviously don't use screws that are too long, that might go too far into the microwave and cause damage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ally1858
Sep 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I am a newbie
I know that some have a surround to them which should come off, you can then have a look and see how it’s fastened in. You should be able to put some packing around it to stop it moving.
Thanks for idea we have put some in place and will see on our next outing how it works.

OP
OP
Ally1858
Sep 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I am a newbie
If the microwave feet are held on by screws, there's another trick. Cut a piece of thin plywood to just fit the base of the locker. Drill though the plywood and use longer screws to go through the plywood, the feet and into the microwave base. Obviously don't use screws that are too long, that might go too far into the microwave and cause damage.
Thanks, if the packing doesn't work this sounds like a very neat solution.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
There is a soft mesh we bought many years ago that you put on locker shelves to stop movement, it works very well particularly for glasses.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Not quite on moving, but our microwave, screwed down, still squeaks a lot when on the move. We have to wedge stuff on the sides, under the bottom edge etc, to reduce this noise.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We moved ours out the van and into the garage at home and now in the house as the one we had died ?

OP
OP
Ally1858
Sep 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I am a newbie
Thanks for the suggestions everybody.
We have packed the sides with stiff foam, avoiding the vents, and so far so good!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back