moving levellers from MH to MH (1 Viewer)

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I'm beginning the process of changing my MH, and I want to keep my E and P levellers for my next van. Camper UK arranged the fitting at SAP in Doncaster, and Motorhome Depot are handling the sale. I have been quoted £1500 plus vat to swap them over to the new-to-me-van (which I don't have yet). Has anyone done it and has any comments or recommendations. I'm in the midlands, and don't mind travelling, but as we can't stay away overnight yet, there will be practical limits.

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
I'm beginning the process of changing my MH, and I want to keep my E and P levellers for my next van. Camper UK arranged the fitting at SAP in Doncaster, and Motorhome Depot are handling the sale. I have been quoted £1500 plus vat to swap them over to the new-to-me-van (which I don't have yet). Has anyone done it and has any comments or recommendations. I'm in the midlands, and don't mind travelling, but as we can't stay away overnight yet, there will be practical limits.
We had exactly the same job carried out via Mick and his team at S.A.P Doncaster.The price was near enough what you have been quoted and they done a great job as per the quote.
These are the go to guys for anything E&P.
DJT

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Don’t forget to try “for cash no vat “ suggestion.
I trust you are not encouraging illegal financial dealings. :Eeek:
Besides, the poor old Treasury will be bare after all this is over and will need every bit of VAT it can get its hands on.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What MH are you hoping to get next?

Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
I’m thinking 300 kwid saving must be allowed after following the story of Robert Jenrick trying to save his “friend “ Richard Desmond( who’s a Tory donor) roughly 40 million kwids. Or is it only dishonest for the small amounts? Look it up, unbelievable.

Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
Oops. Sorry to take this off thread. Bump.

OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I’m thinking 300 kwid saving must be allowed after following the story of Robert Jenrick trying to save his “friend “ Richard Desmond( who’s a Tory donor) roughly 40 million kwids. Or is it only dishonest for the small amounts? Look it up, unbelievable.

I believe we are being encouraged to use our common sense these days.🤣

OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
What MH are you hoping to get next?

Looking at a chic c line semi integrated . Twin rear singles (if I have to move that £#£*!?! Car seat fore to aft one more time I think I shall go mad. And there’s no where to sit once I have) and a smidge more kitchen work top, although that wasn’t as bad as I feared. I‘m also not in love with the A class like I thought would be. I don’t like not having a driver‘s door and I have no need of the extra height, so it’s wasted on me! I love the look of the A class, but I’ve never been one for form over function. A smidge more length and width, but so was the previous, and that was ok. Weight is a pain, so I’m going to do a C1. I love the Carthago quality and toys, and I think it’s going to work out cheaper to do the C1, than retro fit my home comforts!

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I had mine taken off my rapido and fitted onto my carthago
Mick at SAP did mine perfect job as alwsys by these guys

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Mick at SAP has a courtesy car which customers can use for a day out while they have work done on the vans, so you could travel home until the works done and that should get you over that hurdle.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Cash, No VAT, No warranty! No ethics, rogue trader!
That is assuming the individual does trade at more than £85K per year there are some reputable micro business that keep just under that VAT threshold.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
That is assuming the individual does trade at more than £85K per year there are some reputable micro business that keep just under that VAT threshold.
That’s different, a properly run business under the threshold is just as reputable👍🏻

But we are talking about a quote of £1500 to swap a levelling system from one van to another

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back