Moving back into bricks and mortar, after long terming since 2011, eek (1 Viewer)

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi all

Time for a change. I have been working away from home and living in the van during the week for a very long time. I have decided to take a job near home, so that I can commute daily, and live in a proper flat. How will I cope with the luxury of showers on demand, and all my possessions in one place.

More importantly, will I miss the rain on the roof, and everything within arms reach. Van life feels so simple, and uncomplicated compared to proper living.

Time will tell. I am pretty sure that I will be back on the move by winter time, and heading south.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good for you Karen, I hope the change feels like a bit of luxury! I have to go to hotels for that!! Lol. Nice to see your well ! Xxx

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We have a large static caravan (think flat) to use when in the uk and it is quite odd having so much space and like you say, things not at arms distance. Not having to think about how much water your using, does the loo need emptying etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
I already owned the flat and stayed some weekends, so I have been paying the council tax but the electric bill has been a bit of a shock:(

It will be nice to try and make some friendships in the area though. I am off out with a photography group tomorrow to look round a local stately home, and Sunday lunch in the local pub.

I am terrible with a camera, chopping off heads and taking wonky shots, but got to start somewhere. After all I don't have to show anyone my efforts, lol.

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
Even after just a month in the van, it's a bit weird being back in the (albeit small) house. We find ourselves doing everything in one room and wondering why we have these other rooms :)

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
I know what you mean @MyrtleGuru, but I keep leaving stuff everywhere and going round and round searching for it. I am untidy, but in the van it doesn't matter so much, because I can see everything, and if I don't put stuff away I cant sit down, or make a cuppa. Here, I can scatter possessions EVERYWHERE.

I live on my own though, so it doesn't really matter. I don't have to answer to anyone else.

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
I know what you mean @MyrtleGuru, but I keep leaving stuff everywhere and going round and round searching for it. I am untidy, but in the van it doesn't matter so much, because I can see everything, and if I don't put stuff away I cant sit down, or make a cuppa. Here, I can scatter possessions EVERYWHERE.

I live on my own though, so it doesn't really matter. I don't have to answer to anyone else.

I was wondering why I can't find anything -- think you've hit the nail on the head there, just too much space to play with!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back