Moving around a moving motorhome (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Fridge door, cutlery drawer closet door, at different times I've been guilty of much, but the fridge only the once, all the contents came out bar from freezer and door, I looked in rear view mirror at traffic lights and there it was, three roundabouts later I could park up and sort it out, the dogs had a great dinner of shepherds pie!

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
How on earth can you stop a rattle if you pull over and you're stationery:rolleyes: Rattles only happen in motion and you have to send your passenger out and about whilst travelling.:p:p

RobL

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Minchinhampton
Funster No
MH
American rv purchasing.
Exp
Since 2008
(Yes, of course it's illegal.)

Set off today, realised the fridge was unlocked, nowhere to stop, so my wife carefully went back and locked it before we got to a bend of roundabout

Not condoning it but I wondered how many have done something similar?

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Bet there's not one motorhomer who's fridge door hasn't flung open round a bend?
Then I'll slow down while you lock it ! He cried.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mister Benn

Free Member
May 8, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
Since 1997
(Yes, of course it's illegal.)

Set off today, realised the fridge was unlocked, nowhere to stop, so my wife carefully went back and locked it before we got to a bend of roundabout

Not condoning it but I wondered how many have done something similar?

Mister Benn

Free Member
May 8, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
Since 1997
Yes that's happened to me but I travel alone so, I wait until there's a reasonably long straight length of road, put the van on cruise then run back and close the fridge's door

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Who cares whether its illegal or not, its dangerous. Its pointless going on about cars without seatbelts, coaches yachts or planes. Planes, once in the air cannot stop suddenly, though if they hit bad turbulence often many are injured. I doubt any yacht can do 60mph.

Funny you should mention this, but our Targa would flat out at full chat at 43 knots, around 49 mph. We couldn't go below at this speed as it was not possible to stand up!

In the cockpit, we never thought about seat belts even when we were thrown off our seats and had a good laugh about it!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Funny you should mention this, but our Targa would flat out at full chat at 43 knots, around 49 mph. We couldn't go below at this speed as it was not possible to stand up!

In the cockpit, we never thought about seat belts even when we were thrown off our seats and had a good laugh about it!

That is a 'Motor Boat' not a yacht. Not even a 'Motor Yacht', which is a gentleman's displacement vessel, cruising at about 12 knots, with teak decks, a wheelhouse and maybe a flying bridge, but not a cockpit.

So there.

Geoff

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Check, check and double check before leaving home/site, I'm sure we all try to get it right, some of this thread have been eye opening, some very funny, that video was scary, keep safe.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Yes that's happened to me but I travel alone so, I wait until there's a reasonably long straight length of road, put the van on cruise then run back and close the fridge's door
Don’t you use a bungee on the steering wheel? Very inconsiderate of you :D

Jul 17, 2017
Ardrossan
Funster No
MH
Burstner Brevio T646
Exp
Nov 2016
I think this is becoming overly complicated. It is simple maths or math in USA. If you need to cook, shower, have time in bed together or anything else, you multiply the time by 1.5 add some wriggle room of two minutes if you get my point divide it by miles of straight road set the cruise control bungee cord the steering wheel and off you go. Now as for the dometic fridge getting you don't be stupid vanbitz you obviously slip in the soapy shower floor. Good point about seat belt in loo though currently fitting five point rally harness in ours. If you think this reply is daft then think about the question? We might all do it, the legalities get sorted in court on each individual occasion. But could we live with injuring a loved one if the worst was to happen?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back