MoveliteXL or Fiamma wind out blind?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Lily, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Lily

Lily

Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please help me make up my mind?!!!!

Our old van had a windout blind which we used to good effect as a sunshade (when we had some!) with windbreaks around we were reasonably snug from the wind. But I am a chilly little soul and it doesnt take much for me to run for cover. Our new (to us) van doesnt have a blind and I cant make up my mind whether to have one fitted or buy a movelite XL. We do have a Sunn Camp Nova which is very good, but we havent used it much as it is too small to fit on the van and is very heavy and, takes a while to put up although very stable in high winds. How easy to erect and, how stable is the Movelite?

What would you spend your money on? there is a difference of about £400! Im getting goggle-eyed trying to think :Eeek: Bit difficult too when you have a pea for a brain.

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Ratings:
    +101,423
    Hi Lily, I have only just seen this post, sorry you have not got a response so far. In my experience, the wind out awning wins every time. I know they are expensive, but that convenience has to be paid for. I have a drive away awning, I paid £600 and have used it only once. But the wind out awning gets used all the time, even in the rain, especially in the rain.:Smile:

Go for the wind out, and if you feel you need walls you can add them in the way of a safari room to your windout awning.

Oh and welcome to the fun:thumb:

3. Terry

Terry Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +7,622
    Hi Lily,I agree with Jim :thumb:plus they only take a min to wind ib and be on your way:Cool:
    terry

4. Terry

Terry Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +7,622
    :ROFLMAO: Is jcm's post removed for blatent advertising ?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:::bigsmile::whatthe::thumb: JCM Do you want me to post on what a great job you did not do of my none exsistent wind out awaning there by getting around the rules:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    terry
    sorry for being mean I found it amusing

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  5. keith

keith Funster

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Lily, welcome to the fun

I think there are 2 answers to your question depending on how you use your MH.

1. With an RV or large MH you are unlikely to want to drive off site once set up & so as Jim saya roll out is the simplest & add sides if you wish.

2. A smaller MH may want to go off site, as we do, & then a drive away awning is the best answer. The best answer is have both, but at a cost. :Eeek: