Mousy's Valentine weekend sans Moho in Bruges.. (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
Brughes looks wonderful will add it to my list of places to visit, many thanks for posting your pictures.:pop:

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Granjan, its a nice easy hour from Calais, loads to see, lovely food and beer. What's not to like. Also very flat so perfect for bikes. (y)

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
I think Hull Zeebrugge looks a very easy trip for us just googled weather .... it does look a bit cold this week especially for the bikes. I think we are venturing up to Grantown On Spey all being well, it will still be cold though:cold: but 16amp hook + calor should be ok. Love the look of the Brughes buildings/bars .... Maybe a spring trip. ::bigsmile: Please keep up with the reporting!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Ger there is a basilica with a relic of blood, it's shown every day between 2-6... But you have to pay....and I'm with Martin!
I obviously didn't teach you well enough! If you had to pay to see it, that can only mean one thing......... IT MUST BE THE GENUINE ARTICLE!!!! No matter, we can return when we hollibob together later in the year and Cliff can keep Martin behind on a bike puncture emergency........

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I obviously didn't teach you well enough! If you had to pay to see it, that can only mean one thing......... IT MUST BE THE GENUINE ARTICLE!!!! No matter, we can return when we hollibob together later in the year and Cliff can keep Martin behind on a bike puncture emergency........

I'm feeling stupid as it is cos for some reason I thought it was nuns blood, it's only now that Martin says its Jesuses blood:rolleyes: and I'm like..doh of course;)

@cliffandger you'll have to come with us next time, no funny escapades this trip...although we did watch a swan crash into a low bridge:eek:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Bruges is one of our favourite places.

We visited, with the M/H, a few years ago, in the middle of winter. The temperatures were below freezing and water was turned off on the Campsite but the sky was blue and the sun shone. Each day we wrapped up warm and cycled into the town, beginning our visit with a hot chocolate in one of the cafƩs.

We have always promised ourselves to return in warmer weather.

Enjoy.

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We woke up to blue sky's again, still chilly and with the ring of the Basilica bells reminding us it's time to go home. For Martin it's back to work, so he started making a dent in the 180 emails he'd received since last Friday. I of course watched from my comfy position in bed!

image.jpg

We couldn't leave without one last visit to the bakery, a almond croissant for him, a tarte citron for me (diets to start tommorow).

image.jpg

Over the course of the weekend we had managed to walk both of these routes on the map. The purple being "must see of Bruges" and the red "the unknown Bruges".

image.jpg

As some of you may remember I was in hospital last august after being struck down with transverse myelitis, months of physio, massage and hyperbaric oxygen therapy and I'm back to walking although I sometimes use a stick for my still dodgy right leg. Before we came I was concerned about the cobblestones and the amount of walking a weekend like this entails. So I'm really chuffed we managed to do everything we wanted to.

image.jpg

One thing to watch out for in you do follow in our footsteps are the bikes..

More specifically people riding the bikes. They act as if they have right of way over both cars and vehicles, if you're lucky you may hear a faint tinkle of a bell before they swerve up behind you in a rush of wind... You have been warned!

Not the sort of lace Martin had in mind for valentines day..
image.jpg

Bruges is a lovely place to visit and although full of tourists we found plenty of off the beaten tracks to enjoy. We had some lovely meals and once Martin stopped trying out his school boy French we found all the staff very friendly and good fun.
My only advice is to stay here awhile and not rush through, we feel we've only scratched the surface, but that's ok as we hope to return with our partners in crime @cliffanger soon.
image.jpg

Oh and one of those 180 emails was an invitation to a box at Twickenham to watch Wales vs England...happy days.

We hope you've all enjoyed our weekend break sans Moho as much as us.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you for sharing your Valentines weekend with us all! Loved the pictures and blog! We have done Bruges stayed on the Memling campsite but 2 days wasn't enough! Will have to do it again.(y)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Glad you enjoyed your trip to Bruges, one of our favourite places too. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks all, Martin had a meeting this afternoon in Ramsgate so we are still on our way home, just enjoying a lovely sunset over Reading from the slow moving traffic of the M4..

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Lovely blog and photos. So glad you were able to do all that walking, the dives must be paying dividends!

We'de love to see Bruges with guides that know all the best places to go - can't wait.

Hope you got home OK - See you both soon xx

Brightonian

Free Member
Nov 27, 2015
City of Brighton & Hove
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 Years
Sounds like you had a great time, pictures very nice too.

We went to Ghent 2 years ago, fell in love with the place will definitely be going back.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for the thread,bought back good memories from when we went for long weekends in the late 90's,beautiful place and all within walking distance of our hotel. (y)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Thanks for sharing your lovely weekend as it brought back happy memories of Bruges! We did the tour of the town down those narrow streets in our Autotrail Savannah and its very worrying as the streets get narrower and narrower and you think you will soon get stuck but we got away with it! The aire at Ghent was a soulless place under the motorway and we didn't like the atmosphere so gave Ghent a miss. It seems we missed out by all accounts!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back