Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you will get liquid gas in yer pipes:Eeek:
Geo
You see it done on fork trucks but they need liquid not gas to run the engine

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Slickmouse,YES that's a BIG NOOOOO You should also line your gas cuboard in metal with plenty of holes in the bottom,gas being heavier than air so if you have any leaks it vents out of the bottom :winky:
Not questioning your ability :ROFLMAO: but are you sure you should be messing with the gas bits ??? or was it a lpse of memory asking such a question :thumb::Doh:
terry
Any pics of your build so far?

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
you will get liquid gas in yer pipes:Eeek:
Geo
You see it done on fork trucks but they need liquid not gas to run the engine

So That's why you get an evaporator on LPG Conversion Kits.Makes sense now.:thumb:

The tank being mounted horizontally.

Last edited:

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Some of us have large LPG tanks mounted on their side under the motorhome, but these are special vapour draw-off models. Other than the take-off pipe drawing from the vapour space at the top instead of liquid at the bottom (you need to look inside to see the difference), they look identical from the outside and the filling procedure is the same as those fitted to LPG-powered cars.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i believe its an indecent act if you mount them in public . dont think you can mount sheep either.even if they are stood up .ask the regulator,it might know

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi
If you go to www.lpga.gov.uk and find a autogas fitter close to you and ask them they should tell you all about vapour tanks, alternativley find cargas in Stoke on trent I personnaly know these guys and know they have fitted lpg system for motorhome habitaton

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i once shook an almost empty calor bottle attached to a superser portable heater to 'agitate' the dregs.:Doh:

never again........the heater was still lit and i couldnt put the fire out cos of the liquid gas in the pipe.:Eeek:

not only does it flare up but it spits burning gas everywhere......new lounge carpet required. :Blush:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back