Mounting a 4G LTE Mifi Antenna (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Last year at Peterborough we bought a 4G LTE antenna from @Addie & Sophie to use with a Huawei E5372 4G MiFi that we already had. We didn't really like sticking the antenna onto the window as it left marks from the suction pads so wanted an alternative.
The antenna comes with a pair of mounts for hanging it from a laptop but we realised that it could also hang from anywhere suitable. Whilst out shopping one day we spotted an adjustable tablet stand in Pound World and realised that we could use that - the photos below show how. For us it is convenient to hang the stand from a locker but it could be hung from anywhere required.
mifis1.jpg mifis2.jpg mifis3.jpg mifis4.jpg

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Those are known in the trade as The Brugge Aerials because they work so well there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi Graham what's your verdict on the antenna??
I've mounted one on roof of my van and on a couple of occasions noticed an improved signal but most time made little difference...
I have the mifi device mounted up in the skylight anyway and odd time put it on roof on a pole...
Ta andy.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sorry Graham....that is bloody ugly.

Will it not fit IN the locker ?
Better still....in a plastic bag outside and get a better range/stronger signal.
Not convenient to put it in the locker John - and it's only there when we are using it. I bought the antenna to avoid putting the MiFi outside in a plastic bag :D
Hi Graham what's your verdict on the antenna??
I've mounted one on roof of my van and on a couple of occasions noticed an improved signal but most time made little difference...
I have the mifi device mounted up in the skylight anyway and odd time put it on roof on a pole...
Ta andy.
We're very pleased with it Andy. At Peterborough (and at the NEC the other day) we were right on the edge of a 3G/4g area but got a strong 4G signal with the antenna.

At Brassknocker Basin, near Bath, last year, we were in a low reception area but the antenna gave us a good signal despite that.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Those pound shop gadgets are brilliant, I have used them for all sorts. I have a laptop with a broken hinge and I use it to support the lid when I need to access something on that old laptop. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back