Mounting 2nd lesuire battery Tracker RB 2017 (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kea P65
Exp
Since 2018
Does anybody know where to mount a second lesuire battery in a 2017 Tracker RB please?

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Where's the first hab battery Martin - is it under one of the front seats?

OP
OP
M
Apr 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kea P65
Exp
Since 2018
Where's the first hab battery Martin - is it under one of the front seats?

Andrew The 1st is under the floor and accessed from a hatch under the dinette seat. I did think about getting a battery box and mounting the 2nd battery in the space under the same seat but wondered if there as a better solution? or if this is a safe option.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Andrew The 1st is under the floor and accessed from a hatch under the dinette seat. I did think about getting a battery box and mounting the 2nd battery in the space under the same seat but wondered if there as a better solution? or if this is a safe option.
That's what I did with my Autotrail Excel. Well secured, and vented via a tube teed into the original battery vent.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

If you've got the space then always co-locate the batteries.

Do you know if your charger has sufficient capability for a second battery (and battery type too).

Example: My continental van came with a CBE 16A charger and a standard AGM LA95 battery but if I had added a second AGM then my charger would have had a heart attack, hence the reason why I changed the single AGM for two new EFB batteries.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
That's what I did with my Autotrail Excel. Well secured, and vented via a tube teed into the original battery vent.
Hi Martin Stacey , I too have an Autotrail Excel (670B) and when I purchased it from new I requested amongst other upgrades a 2nd Leisure Battery. This was placed under the Habitation seat next to the oven with the battery box sighted next to the dividing wall between the seat locker and oven. A good choice in my view as the distance between both batteries was negligible resulting in minimum cable length between both sets of batteries and the vent tube from the second battery could be fed down into the first battery box compartment and out of the van through the dedicated vent holes. Later on I fitted a shunt and a blue tooth battery monitor and the sighting of the second battery box made this an ideal location for fitting the additional equipment. I have also wired in an Inverter to the leisure batteries. The Sargent Charger will take up to a 220 AH lead acid battery bank, so doubling up will not be an issue. The plastic battery box was screwed directly to the hab locker floor and has not moved from new. Simples!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back