motoring costs down by 18% in last 20 years (1 Viewer)

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Motoring costs are down by an overall 18% according to an RAC study, what a load of crap.

I bet that study was done before the latest Petrol price hikes.:RollEyes:

canoworms.gif

Last edited:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:RollEyes: Well? 20 years ago I couldn't afford to own a single RV. I now own 3 counting my 2 Mini RV's. I am currently retired and have not worked for nearly 12 years (nor BTW claimed ANY benefits). So it must be cheaper? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Motoring costs are down by an overall 18% according to an RAC study, what a load of crap.

I haven't seen that study but it wouldn't surprise me given inflation and the drop in new car prices about 7 or 8 years ago (can't remember the reason, was it something to do with prices here being more than rest of EU?)

One example is in a Link Removed by the government that Fuel Duty rates would be 11% lower in real terms in 2009 than they were in 1999 (i.e. when you discount the affects of inflation duty rates will be comparatively lower).

Graham

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Doesn't really explain why I have to work 50% harder to stay on the road, we can't all afford NEW cars and older ones are more costly to run.
Same old story to those that have shall be given and from those that have not shall be taken away even what little they do have.

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Doesn't really explain why I have to work 50% harder to stay on the road, we can't all afford NEW cars and older ones are more costly to run.
Same old story to those that have shall be given and from those that have not shall be taken away even what little they do have.

But is it just working harder to stay on the road or working harder to maintain an overall lifestyle, part of which is staying on the road?

For instance, how many of us had PCs and mobile phones (together with their running costs) 20 years ago?

The conclusions of the RAC survey may well be a load of crap - but to prove it would mean refuting enough of their arguments to make a difference.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: To put things into perspective.

20 Years ago I didn't own an RV/Motorhome. (Now have 3)
20 Years ago I didn't own a Laptop. (Now have 3 plus a Desktop)
20 Years ago I didn't own an house. (Now have 2)
20 Years ago I worked 8 days a week. (Now I don't work - retired early 11 years ago)
20 Years ago I lived on 4 times what I do now.
20 Years ago I didn't travel as much as I do now.
20 Years ago I was much younger and thought I knew more. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No

Hey cheer up pal - you've got a motorhome, we're still waiting for ours!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back