Motorhoming in Blighty------pftttttt (1 Viewer)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
The following three pictures show why we are so tired of Blighty and cannot wait to cross the channel on the first of September.

They were taken from our van at 3.00 this afternoon and I could have taken similar so so many times this year

Attachments

• bloody weather 002 (Medium).jpg
    bloody weather 002 (Medium).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 236
  • bloody weather 004 (Medium).jpg
    bloody weather 004 (Medium).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 242
  • bloody weather (Medium).jpg
    bloody weather (Medium).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 223
Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
I must admit it does look a tad damp there mate..(Is that Todmorden Cricket Club as it looks familiar)..Hope it's a bit better for you in France or wherever you get to...Oh don't forget the pics Alan!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
May I remind you, Alan, that you boasted about towing your own personal rain cloud around only a week or so ago. May I further remind you that you promised to take said rain cloud with you to France.

No letting us down, now. We're looking forward to a sunny autumn :roflmto:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
The following three pictures show why we are so tired of Blighty and cannot wait to cross the channel on the first of September.

They were taken from our van at 3.00 this afternoon and I could have taken similar so so many times this year

Alan just looked at your three photos..WOW I could not believe it,.... as we are baking hot hot, in fact toooo Blo**y hot, its that hot we can not work in the garden::bigsmile::winky:... Been like it for a while now...32,..36,....38.....and 40 deg....stifling but looking at the photo I am not going to grumble am I::bigsmile::roflmto::roflmto::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...see you later on in the year:winky:...what is it about mad dogs and English men work in the mid day sun...not this one:Cool::winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You come over here for some SUN...SON...:Cool:

Last edited:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
39 degrees at Parc Verger and wall to wall blue sky. :thumb:

Who was it said "what do you want to move there for the climate is the same as the UK"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Been glorious here. Had a fantastic thunderstorm on Sunday with a major downpour. The road was like a river. Half an hour later it was all dry again but the air was nice and fresh....

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Well dont know where you were but since Sunday we have been to , York , Humberside , Hornsea , Flamborough , Filey and now were in Scarborough .
No rain at all through the day . In fact this is the first time ive been on the lappy since we set off , to catch up with emails. Too nice to be in.
Warm up in the 20's , shorts and Tshirt weather .
Its not full on blazing sunshine , but it has been out several times each day.
Tomorrow were going to Robin Hood Bay :Smile: Then ....... who knows.
Chasing the sun :Cool:

Ps i may have spoken too soon , its 5.40 now and there are dark clouds brewing to our left.
We may be in for a bit of a heavy shower.

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Alan... I would think you have already have one.....but just in case.....you will need a ACSI book if your heading for Portugal or Spain.....well worth the money...it was just a thought....if you can not get one for this year ..I may know a person not far from you who purchased one and has not used it...he has gone back to a static:Doh::winky::winky: he may still have it

Mel

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Thanks ever so much Mel but my Social Secretary says she has the ACSI book and the very latest aires book plus a laptop full of your favourite aires.

Just hope we do not drown overnight on Todmorden cricket ground before we get chance to use them.

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
Last week we were in Scotland - mostly dry and some sun, Had rain one morning but dry from lunchtime and one evening downpour that gave us a nice lake. Even JJ said last night that he'd appreciate a quick burst of rain. I suggest you go anywhere but Todmorden Alan :ROFLMAO:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We did have a few showers this morning but this afternoon we have had blue skies and sunshine here :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thunderstorm here now. Lots of flashes and bangs and it is slashing it down...

Had a good day sat outside all day so I don't mind a wet evening.

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Here is an up-date picture at 7.00 pm.

If you are on the east coast you have no worries as we have emptied all your clouds at this side of the Peninnes.

Thank goodness that we are only passing through Todmorden and not living here any more

Attachments

• bloody weather 011 (Medium).jpg
    bloody weather 011 (Medium).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 50

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-

.... Or .... in contrast, this, just last weekend in the Scottish Highlands.:thumb:

Broken Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well dont know where you were but since Sunday we have been to , York , Humberside , Hornsea , Flamborough , Filey and now were in Scarborough .
No rain at all through the day . In fact this is the first time ive been on the lappy since we set off , to catch up with emails. Too nice to be in.
Warm up in the 20's , shorts and Tshirt weather .
Tomorrow were going to Robin Hood Bay :Smile: Then ....... who knows.
Chasing the sun :Cool:

Ps i may have spoken too soon , its 5.40 now and there are dark clouds brewing to our left.
We may be in for a bit of a heavy shower.

That'll be because you wrote 'Humberside'!!!! :Angry: It doesn't actually exist as a county anymore and hasn't for donkey's years but it is still commonly referred to ... I assume therefore you meant the East Riding of Yorkshire! :thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Still working our way up through Scotland.

Arrived in Nairn today, sunny with the odd 2 minute light shower. Dried up straight away, it's actually very warm..

Had a great wild camping spot last night in the middle of nowhere next to a tiny loch, only 5 miles off the A9. I actually went out and measured the cattle grid and gate just to be on the safe side, before we passed through and up to the loch.

Absolute silence all night apart from the odd sheep Baaahing... No not what your thinking... And what a great sky...

Only had one night so far where it rained all through the night but the sun was out again before lunch the next day.
Now this is Scotland so were doing well. Hope it lasts, heading over to the West coast later this week....:thumb:thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Well it did rain , heavily and hard.:whatthe:
But only for 15 /20 min . Now the black clouds have blown over towards the coast and we have blue sky , and its 18deg outside at 7.15pm.
Just going out for something to eat and a few drinks.

Do you know , we love this flitting from place to place on a daily basis.
We have yet to go to France , cant wait , but were not wishing our lives away.
Its something to look forward to in our old age :ROFLMAO:
When were child and fancy free:thumb:
But for now , theres so much to see and do in our own lovely country. Staying in lovely little villages , we've never visited.
We shall stick to doing " abroad" by plane once or twice a year, till then .

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Here is an up-date picture at 7.00 pm.

[HI]If you are on the east coast you have no worries as we have emptied all your clouds at this side of the Peninnes.[/HI]

Thank goodness that we are only passing through Todmorden and not living here any more

Oh aye? So which cheeky beggar's thrown a girt big bucket of water over my van then? ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Sorry Graham that one must have slipped us by while we were dining :ROFLMAO:

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Well, I have to say this is the first year we have had several trips out in the UK.
Cornwall twice, East Anglia, Lincolnshire and Derbyshire then Kent and closer to home. Fab weather every time!!
Mike and Annie:Cool::thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
... Too nice to be in.
[HI]Warm up in the 20's , shorts and Tshirt weather [/HI] .

Cripes!

If it drops that low here we put on our coats and thermals... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Do you know , we had cracking weather all week. We must have been lucky where we chose to go. Fab time was had by all .
Even the dogs are cream crackered :ROFLMAO:
The only rain , apart from that 10 min spurt in Scarborough was this morning. When we were ready to drive up a slopey grass hill off the camp site. :Eeek: We thought we were going to have to call the farmer and his tractor. But we , well Ralph :Blush: managed to get us off.
We were at a farm right on the cliff top , with great sea views over Robinhoods Bay .
Back home now , to drop off the kids , change over clothes and do some washing. Then off up to Beamish tomorrow , without the kids , till Tuesday.
Calling in at Tan Hill Inn on the way back home for a night :thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Sorry to hear you're off to France on 1st Sept. We are also going on the 1st or 2nd (by tunnel) and so we would like to know your approximate route plan so we can avoid your personal rain cloud.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Sorry to hear you're off to France on 1st Sept. We are also going on the 1st or 2nd (by tunnel) and so we would like to know your approximate route plan so we can avoid your personal rain cloud.:ROFLMAO:

Montreuil will be first stop and on to the aire at Embry after that we have no plans except slowly heading to Parc Verger

If you know that you are heading towards nice weather can we please follow you as we have a layer of rust to burn off

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
This is terrible news. We were going Chartres and then down to Oradour-sur-Glane. This is almost the same route as you. If its wet we know who to blame and may have to carry on to Spain (again) :cry::cry:

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
No worries Frankie we are towing a huge cloud all the way down from North west England

Just for you :thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back