Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
Hi
So there we were last night all cosy and warm - air blown heating sorted now, so backup when needed.:thumb:
And then electrics go down (8.30pm) oh joy :ROFLMAO:- checked not us overloaded. Outside replugged into different boxes - kept tripping - checked connection to RV and its burnt out - not what we need this time of night - god bless the genny - coped with that and air blown heating til the morning.
Got new cable this morning and temporarily put new fitting on van connection and bingo all ok.:thumb:
Check lpg and yep need some now:Eeek: - shut everything down but front jacks wont come up - frozen to the ground - bit of help from wd40, de-icer and hammer plus few choice words from Col and off we go.
Nearest garage lpg out of order:cry: so off we go up the motorway - yep they got some - lovely back home - very cold but happy.
All set up and warm.
Oh the joys of full timing and we have to shut down again Wed for our day off - glad we got all this sorted first.
It all seems so much easier in the summer
Cheers
Jaen x

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Oh well it sorted now.

Glad it was anything major.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And if you think THAT is fun....

This is the Elefant Treffen .. A bike rally on the Austrian/ German ( ish) border..

Just click the link and check out the pictures..

Kinda makes motorhomers look like real softies !

Link Removed

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living

This is the Elefant Treffen .. A bike rally on the Austrian/ German ( ish) border..

Link Removed

looks like they had help from the St Bernard

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The event happens every year !
Every year for the past 15 years I have promised myself I would go, and every year I end up doing something completely different ( for instance, this year we are off to Zahora with the funsters )

Not sure if it is fate or I am subconsciously looking for reasons not to freeze my extremity's off !

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Exbrother in law went acouple of times in the late sixties he also did the dragon rally in Wales a few times, not really mything i like my bed:Smile::Smile:

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010

Link Removed

:Eeek: OMG reminds me of freezing my butt off at many a Chopper Club rally and I was a lot lot younger then

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We did the Dragon Rally in 1968. 5 hours there, stayed 1 hour, then 5 hours back. Not so much snow as rain all the time with many roads flooded. We went in the oufit on my avatar (still got it) and at one point Merilyn was sat in about 2" of water due to the rear wheel acting as water wheel and lifting all the water into the sidecar.
Opened the boot to reveal our lunch of chicken legs and chocolate eclairs floating around. Oh happy days.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Did the Dragon in 69 ! Snow everywhere.. Idiots ruined it that year by going in to town and nicking EVERY bit of wood around.. and that included peoples fences, town signs, gates.. all sorts :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back