Motorhoming 2018 (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
The M&S and John Lewis Christmas ads are out, even the shops in our little corner of France are full of toys, presents and chocolates, so it must be nearly the end of the year.

What is your Motorhome wish/resolution/ambition for 2018? Get your thinking caps on, 2018 will be here before you know it!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
To watch Wales smash England in the 6N in the comfort of the motorhome.

Not done it since 2012 and 2013.

It’s especially rewarding as the tv was supplied and fitted by our very own @eddievanbitz (y)

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Mr S is a huge rugby fan as well, but supports England. Looks like one of you is going to be disappointed...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
What! England will win easily. My prediction is 22-7.

Read the OP again. You could include a wish(y)

Incidentally, are they going to win as easily as they were going to win in the World Cup?;)

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
5 weeks skiing Austria Jan/Feb
4 weeks Spain/Portugal April via the big boat
Edinburgh fringe and a bit of Scottishland
Maybe down to Pyrenees for friends b'day party September
Otherwise weekends around St Davids and Forest of Dean

Trucky was never bought as an ornament for the drive.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The M&S and John Lewis Christmas ads are out, even the shops in our little corner of France are full of toys, presents and chocolates, so it must be nearly the end of the year.

What is your Motorhome wish/resolution/ambition for 2018? Get your thinking caps on, 2018 will be here before you know it!

Well this is only a germ of an idea at present.

Basia has said that in May she would like to spend her 'special' birthday in Patmos, Dodecanese.

I am investigating taking the MH there - maybe Venice- Patras, drive to Piraeus and then ferry to Patmos. No time to go overland because of other commitments.

Then after the birthday we might stop off on the way back at another island, probably Amorgos, then back to Athens and park the MH at my old boat yard at Galatas, so we can fly back(family commitments).

On return to MH, tour Peloponese then park again, fly home and on return second time, ferry to Italy, tour Tuscany then wander home to Poland via???

Should 'only take a few days' on the computer organising:LOL:

Geoff

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Lots of midweek trips in UK,and hopefully our first trip to France in the Moho.
There used to be a programme on the box called The Dice Man. He rolled the dice and each number meant a different destination.........and off he went. We are too boring to do that,but it does sound appealing.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
To be able to carry on enjoying the motorhoming life that we have done for the last six years and visit even more places in Europe and the world.
We are so lucky to be able to do it(y)(y)(y)(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
February will hopefully see us in Spain in our camper for hubby's 60th enjoying some warmth :gum: then paying the final instalment for the purchase of our second lodge with the lump-sum he'll get from his work pension :Grin:... then trying to work out how to spend all the money we'll have coming in which we haven't been used to getting for over 7 years! :D Probably another foreign trip at the end of summer but in the meantime we'll be getting our place sorted as we want to sell and move ... whether it'll happen is anyone's guess! :rolleyes:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Lots of midweek trips in UK,and hopefully our first trip to France in the Moho.
There used to be a programme on the box called The Dice Man. He rolled the dice and each number meant a different destination.........and off he went. We are too boring to do that,but it does sound appealing.
Couldn't you incorporate that into kilometers when you get there? Throw a dice (probably suggest 2) and times by 10. Therefore, if you roll say 7, then travel 70 kilometres. If you try adventurous, put 4 cards down, NESW and roll dice on downturned card then get an Aire or campsite in that direction closest to the score.
Actually, I quite like that. Might just try it myself.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Hopefully in 2018 - health, wealth etc. permitting :)

Spain/Portugal in MoHo Feb & March (4 Feb booked to Bilbao)

Use boat in & around Solent Apr May

Scotland in MoHo including Outer Hebrides May June

Home & some sailing July August

France in MoHo September October

Fly to New Zealand (visit son & hire small Campervan) Home Early December

Fly to Portugal for Xmas!! (as per 2017)

2019 - groundhog year (but no NZ)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Aim to go touring in Scotland during early spring.

We really enjoyed Austria this year so would like return, then on to Slovenia and possibly Hungary with the van in late spring.

Already have a booking in late summer on the Pont Aven, to Santander for a few weeks in southern Spain, and maybe Portugal.

Also have four flying trips arranged to: Almeria, Tuscany, Mallorca and La Gomera (Canaries) - accommodation care of the Holiday Property Bond (HPB).

But I'm sure we'll fit in some more trips in the van too...

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Where you wanting to move to Minxy - different part of the country?
Not really, I've still got my Mum who's in her 90s to keep out of mischief :rolleyes: and hubby's step Dad and wife near us so can't go far, possibly South over the water into North Lincolnshire but that's as far as we can realistically venture, although it does still give us a lot of options. We really just want somewhere with a view of some sort as we miss not having one when at home as we get spoilt when we're away in the camper! :( Oh, and somewhere a bit easier to look after than a 200 year old paupers' cottage! :D

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
My aim is to retire in July.
Looking at the figures to see if they work out.
Scary looking at the reduced income.
Have to change habits of a lifetime, not going to live forever so why save.
Think of a 30 year plan.
If all good put deposit down on a new MH and wait for it to arrive.
Can' wait for the freedom to travel.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I would like to take Helga to her country of origin!!

And I would like to meet a stunning six foot German bird who's won the euro lottery!!

And while I'm travelling, I can sort out world peace, an end to famine,

I think the blonde might be a stretch though! Xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back