Motorhomes with Island Bed recommendations... (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
S

SteBev85

Free Member
Sep 1, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Hiring since 2020, owning in 2022
Our friends have just upgraded and selling their Rimor, its a year old, just and been down to spain once, has the choice of 2 singles or a large double so best of both worlds. Its pretty well specced up with solar and other extras.

if your interested i'll pass you their details

Not at this time, thanks. Still looking at options…

OP
OP
S

SteBev85

Free Member
Sep 1, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Pilote 740c evidence great island bed decent garage good lounge, full auto box great to drive , 7.49m, good spec well worth a look also might be worth giving Richard a call at Signature motorhomes who are at Preston.
I've had a good look at this one and I agree with you - it's probably the best layout I've seen so far - thanks for sharing. My only concern is the payload - as I built a config on the Pilote website, i was only left with about 150kg of payload and that's probably our combined weights without any other load. Has anyone else faced this problem?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
I've had a good look at this one and I agree with you - it's probably the best layout I've seen so far - thanks for sharing. My only concern is the payload - as I built a config on the Pilote website, i was only left with about 150kg of payload and that's probably our combined weights without any other load. Has anyone else faced this problem?
Stebev85, when we took ours out for the first trip I put everything in that we need the only thing I didn't have was a full fresh water and the kitchen sink and we came in bang on 3500kg, so at the moment we are quite happy might think of up plating when I get my c1 back .

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
There is a nice Globebus T7 with loads of extras and full leather upholstery available at Alan Kerrs at the end of October x

OP
OP
S

SteBev85

Free Member
Sep 1, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
With a brilliant payload x
I've just watched a video review of the T7 and it's a great motorhome with a brilliant payload - however, our personal preference is for the bench facing seats in the living area and a little prep space in the kitchen area. For us, the P740FC style layout ticks most of the boxes - however, the payload is definitely compromised.

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
I've just bought this. A Swift Bessacarr E599. It has the bench facing seats you like and an amazing island bed with a separate bedroom and toilet and shower within the bedroom. It is a bit bigger that you'd like, at 8.11m long, but it ticks all your boxes. I've not got it yet, but been to see it twice and I can't wait to get it.

Have a look at the advert for mine and see what you think.

<Broken link removed>

The only trouble with the facing bench seats, is it makes it only a 2 person motorhome for travel and a 4 berth when parked up. Mines is the "lounge" version, however, you can get a different layout for the 4 travel / 4 berth option, but that doesn't have the facing seats that you like.

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 20.21.58.png

OP
OP
S

SteBev85

Free Member
Sep 1, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
I've just bought this. A Swift Bessacarr E599. It has the bench facing seats you like and an amazing island bed with a separate bedroom and toilet and shower within the bedroom. It is a bit bigger that you'd like, at 8.11m long, but it ticks all your boxes. I've not got it yet, but been to see it twice and I can't wait to get it.

Have a look at the advert for mine and see what you think.

<Broken link removed>

The only trouble with the facing bench seats, is it makes it only a 2 person motorhome for travel and a 4 berth when parked up. Mines is the "lounge" version, however, you can get a different layout for the 4 travel / 4 berth option, but that doesn't have the facing seats that you like.

View attachment 540113

Great motorhome - particularly the layout. For us, the dimensions rule it out - though I can see why it's so popular.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I've just watched a video review of the T7 and it's a great motorhome with a brilliant payload - however, our personal preference is for the bench facing seats in the living area and a little prep space in the kitchen area. For us, the P740FC style layout ticks most of the boxes - however, the payload is definitely compromised.
Can’t you get a pilote with that lay out with a better payload? If you like the brand and lay out then you are nearly there, so maybe someone can chip in with a possible up plating advice which might swing it for you?

OP
OP
S

SteBev85

Free Member
Sep 1, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Thanks for everyone's input - when looking at options, it really helped us reach our decision - gone for the Pilote P740FC :)

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Adria Matrix 670DC Supreme very large island bed whilst still retaining the separate toilet and shower

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Adria Compact SC.
(7m long but only 2.12m wide).

Edit - sorry, just noticed you have already made your decision.
Good choice - I hope you enjoy it.

This ^ is what we have gone for - hopefully with an April 22 delivery scheduled. No cost factory option to increase to 3650kg included.

OP
OP
S

SteBev85

Free Member
Sep 1, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
This ^ is what we have gone for - hopefully with an April 22 delivery scheduled. No cost factory option to increase to 3650kg included.
Good choice & good luck with the delivery, it's May for us.
I think we'll increase too - lower tax & increased payload makes it attractive - are there any downsides?

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Good choice & good luck with the delivery, it's May for us.
I think we'll increase too - lower tax & increased payload makes it attractive - are there any downsides?

C1 Licence required and medical examination for renewal at age 70 I believe? Neither of which detract from the advantages for us.

From reading the forum I understand there might also be an issue with it technically qualifying as a higher category of Moho when using ‘some’ toll motorways in certain EU countries (Austria?). But that doesn’t seem to translate into practice as they are outwardly identical to the ‘standard’ class of vehicle, if that makes sense? Hopefully someone with practical experience of the situation can explain.

Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
Hi All,

Forum newbie looking for recommendations. Until now, we’ve (2 of us) always hired - just done the NC500 in Swift 694 & decided it’s time to buy. Whilst the 694 was ok, the shower setup & living area doesn't match needs.

Considering: AT Imala 730; Bailey Adamo 75-4i & RT T-Line/Pegaso 740.

Looking for <7.5m - appreciate any suggestions/feedback on shortlist

Steve
Just check the payload of each ... The Imala has 280 kgs ( but check me on this), Adamo has 352 ks and RT 740 Pegaso has 362 kgs. That's not huge.
Also consider any other bits you might add such as a solar panel to the Imala or Pegaso ( not sure they come with one.)

OP
OP
S

SteBev85

Free Member
Sep 1, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Just check the payload of each ... The Imala has 280 kgs ( but check me on this), Adamo has 352 ks and RT 740 Pegaso has 362 kgs. That's not huge.
Also consider any other bits you might add such as a solar panel to the Imala or Pegaso ( not sure they come with one.)
Thanks for the advice - we actually discounted all of the above options during our search for one reason, or sometimes more, and finally plumped with the Pilote P740FC Evidence

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hymer B690 Starline - not much longer than you want, but with big garage, lovely lounge, shower and decent size galley.

We love ours.

PS - with large payload.

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Thanks for the advice - we actually discounted all of the above options during our search for one reason, or sometimes more, and finally plumped with the Pilote P740FC Evidence
Very good choice hope everything goes well and enjoy it(y)

Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
Thanks for the advice - we actually discounted all of the above options during our search for one reason, or sometimes more, and finally plumped with the Pilote P7
Pilote P740FC Evidence looks a winner for you.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Almost all vans made have been mentioned. Confusing innit. But it certainly gives one a good list to search out.
Same when i was asking and grateful to those suggestions.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back