Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Had a power cut here this evening, about 45 mins before dinner, which was a re-run of yesterday's roast pork. I have a gas hob, leccy oven and microwave in my kitchen. A steamer on the hob sorted out the veg, a brisk stroll to the MH and re-heated the pork slices in the gas oven.
Power came back on as I entered the house with the nicely-warmed pork.... :whistle2:

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
In a traffic jam car on outside woman got out with a little boy he had a wee then got an older girl out but she wouldn’t let her mum hold her out so Denise let her use our toilet she was ages washing her hands must have used 3 gallons of water. :giggle:
Glad it didn’t turn out like this 😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Mine was a life saver a few weeks ago...

Ran out of beer at home BUT remembered there was some Hobgoblin in the garage (y) (y) :cheers: :winky:

Same happened to me the other day,when I dug it out of the garage and proudly brought it into the house the sell by date had gone by. Oh I thought, no fizz!!

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We sat in France watching the Circuit des Rempartes Classic Rallye somewhere in a town south of Angouleme. A Mayflower broke down, within minutes another three similar cars had stopped to help. We watched them collect blocks of stone to use as ramps. I walked across the road and offered tea and sandwiches. They were amazed when I managed to find 8 cups and enough food to keep them going, they were a mix of nationalities and enjoyed the Yorkshire tea. The onlookers clapped as I crossed a busy road whilst balancing tea on a tray.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Saved by ours today!

Wife is teaching online, needs quiet, one child on training day excited to be off and noisy. Other child working from home as school heating broken and I have a day off and catching up with housework.

Wife is going to the Motorhome for peace and quiet.

Have to test the news batteries somehow!

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Mine was a life saver a few weeks ago...

Ran out of beer at home BUT remembered there was some Hobgoblin in the garage (y) (y) :cheers: :winky:
10 years ago when the big freeze was here. Beers Froze when kept in the Moto and blew up causing a terrible mess.

Jul 17, 2017
Ardrossan
Funster No
MH
Burstner Brevio T646
Exp
Nov 2016
Used ours for 17 weeks during first lockdown to provide child care for son and daughter in law as they are both front line and the nursery closed. 17 weeks on a drive with a new house being built on the next plot, pretty tough, but without our motorhome we couldn't have helped. So yes the swiss army knife of vehicles. Its fridge is an overflow, cooker additional means of heating large meals ! If normality ever returns, and dare I say it a refuge if I need some time in charge of a TV remote. ;)

OP
OP
Reusables
Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
Ours has been helping out again...ran out milk the other day..ice and snow outside so went raiding the motorhome supplies.
3 UHT !!

I left the noodles and tinned veg for another raid...

Gets quite exciting finding supplies that we've forgot about..😂

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
On 15th it will a full year since we've slept in our MH! :cry:

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Our MH has been used for all kinds of fetching and carrying. Long fascia boards and guttering, chairs and even a sofa. Transported our mopeds after punctures, breakdowns and an accident.

The MOT station also does motorcycle MOTs, so I turn up with one bike in the garage, drive the tested bike back home, bring the second bike for test, and take it home in the garage. MH MOT done while I'm swapping the bikes over.

Taking autoroutress for medical appointment, waiting in the car park for a few hours, perfect for self-isolating - tea and snacks, wifi, charger and and table for computer, toilet facilities etc.

But the best one was transporting a friend's daughter from London to Manchester after discharge from hospital. She was recovering from severe burns. She couldn't sit in a chair for long, and had to lie down on the bed at the back. Frequent stops, but we got there in the end.

OP
OP
Reusables
Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
Our MH has been used for all kinds of fetching and carrying. Long fascia boards and guttering, chairs and even a sofa. Transported our mopeds after punctures, breakdowns and an accident.

The MOT station also does motorcycle MOTs, so I turn up with one bike in the garage, drive the tested bike back home, bring the second bike for test, and take it home in the garage. MH MOT done while I'm swapping the bikes over.

Taking autoroutress for medical appointment, waiting in the car park for a few hours, perfect for self-isolating - tea and snacks, wifi, charger and and table for computer, toilet facilities etc.

But the best one was transporting a friend's daughter from London to Manchester after discharge from hospital. She was recovering from severe burns. She couldn't sit in a chair for long, and had to lie down on the bed at the back. Frequent stops, but we got there in the end.
Brings back memories of when we lived in Spain caretaking...had an airport run .
Family of six needed to be picked up so I took the hymer we had at the time...no mistaking that sitting out Valencia airport...
Another time it was used again as a taxi taking a large group down to benidirm for the night ..we parked up on the Mediterraneo went for a meal and watched a show...then went back to the hymer to sleep..they woke us us about 6am , everyone had a good night out and not only earnt us 80euros we also got out for the evening..👌🏽

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Using ours as a taxi with a toilet. Ferrying 2 of our Grandchildren back and forward to Lincolnshire from Somerset. No family close by, so we’re the Child care bubble.

Had them for 5 months last year when rules meant their parents couldn’t come down and we couldn’t go up.

This time around we picked them up just after the New Year. Their Dad has managed to secure a two week break from work so surprisingly they want them back. 🤷‍♂️

Pick them up again towards the end of February, until the end of Lockdown.(y)

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
OMG ... I've just had a thought ... we have our MH on the drive looking all forlorn and sulking as he's having to suffer the UK winter rather than a nice long trip to Spain for the sunshine ... as it is in effect a 'separate' home I just hope my Mum hasn't been planning on us allowing her to 'live' in it for a while with all the 'fun and games' we've been having with her! :oops:

I'd better sell it quick!!!! :LOL:

Hmmm ... think of it as an opportunity to move your mum into a secure storage site ... :imoutahere:

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
In our area there's a charity that has a PVC (maybe more than one) to send to places where there is a need for support e,g, where there has been a serious house fire.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back