Motorhomes not welcome at theBowgie Inn in Crantock, Cornwall (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Born there. LOVE it .
But toooo busy now and everything is owned by “incomers”.
Ghost towns in the Winter, due to 2nd homes...Us Cornish folks fault for selling I know, but it still makes me sad.
I can still see every secret fishing spot, sunbathing and swimming places no-one usually finds and remember all the Bass and Mackerel caught from that beautiful turquoise sea.
Sad.
But enjoy it all those of you that do go. 👍
May get back one day, but by car.
Mitch.

Mar 22, 2018
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
Exp
Since 2016
No booking required at the Duke of Cumberland in Castle Carrock, Cumbria!
Just a 10 mile ride out from the CAMC site at Englethwaite Hall for lunch and lovely pint of Loweswater Gold...happy days!

Jun 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
My partnef was out ycling with a mate today and they stopped off at the bowgie for a beer. They were quarter full and so when they sat down they were told they had to book and they said we only want a beer please and if anyone want's to eat we can leave but still they said no we are fully booked. On leaving the premises there was a big sign on the entrance to the car park saying " No Motorhomes". We live in Cornwall and love the pub but will not be going back.
Hi We have nt been to Newquay for a few years and same for Bowgie, it was having a massive refit when we went there last time. Can t comment on the full booked thing, but would guess that some of that would be CV related, because they must have spent £££££££ seeing how in depth the refurbish/rebuild was and would welcome every penny available. We actually went in our van, which was a laugh (Burstner 810 Elegance), through those little roads and I seem to remember a sign saying No MH back then, but that was for the pubs own car park and not the council owned, paying, tiered car park below. We asked at the time....winter, if we could park in the council car park and were willing to pay, but all Cornish car parks disallowed over night stays, similar to Dorset and Devon, in our experience.

That said, if OP has just been turned away, as a few people looking for drinks only, that is pretty poor in my opinion and wonder how many hikers/cyclists and sightseers have been disappointed and why the owners of The Bowgie, did nt just by a town centre restaurant.

We hope to be able to get to Newquay soon and will update you if anything different.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back