LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I think it's sad that anyone really believes that the ideal place to park a motorhome is a "club" campsite. Give me a pub car park somewhere any day.

What exactly is going to stop me crossing the channel?

There's far more to Europe than just Northern France. If the current nonsense isn't sorted by the time we go all that happens is we change our route. We'll still get where we're going and have fun getting there.

EDIT:

Before anyone mentions freeloading or not wanting to pay, don't bother.

Given a choice between £30 to park in a car park or £25 to park on one of those club places I'd take the car park every single time.
The ideal place to camp, for any given person, is where that person is most comfortable. The ability to do that is what used to exist in this country but, as we know, that led to an unacceptable situation of public nuisance which obviously could not be allowed to continue. That camping developed differently in France and other continental countries is down to the many different historical factors which have shaped their societies and that of the UK.

There is nothing, other than obtaining the necessary licence/exemption/planning permission, stopping anyone from creating a caravan site in any pub car park or any other location. That people do not do so is governed by the economic factors of it not being worthwhile - except, of course, in the case of landlords who are either ignorant of the law or find it acceptable to break laws when it is to their advantage :D

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
However many MHs you see on UK roads it's taking me ages to get my Big Chief I-Spy badge for filling his I-Spy Book of Foreign-Owned Motorhomes. I've only got three ticked so far.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
However many MHs you see on UK roads it's taking me ages to get my Big Chief I-Spy badge for filling his I-Spy Book of Foreign-Owned Motorhomes. I've only got three ticked so far.
That's because they are too mean to spend their devaluing euros on the great beautiful British isles..and more space on our congested roads that mass migration has brought us..lol Roy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back