Motorhomes as we know them to disappear within eight years (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
upload_2017-5-15_8-2-0.png

Sheldon C

Free Member
Mar 30, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Euromobil 695EB Profila
Exp
Since 1995
Fake news as far as I can determine and more a product promotion than science study, the blokes not even a Professor, his biography describes has him as holding an MBA which is in business studies, occasional lecturer, his main claim to fame is the publication of three books prediciting the future collapse of conventional fuel and energy supplies and replacement with Solar power, which by sheer coincidence is where he holds a couple of part time jobs........so nothing really to see here, move along now.

Fossil fuels will be around for a long time yet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
I can't ever see this happening in my lifetime.. A Lorry, for example would need a battery the same size of the vehicle itself to power it.. I think this guy has been smoking some funny stuff..

I'm all in favour of electric and hybrid technology but to see this actually replacing all Petrol and Diesel by 2030 is laughable..

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
All these electric cars will require charging up.
They don't run on fresh air! Now, who's looking forward to living next to the massive power stations that will need to be built?
No need, we will import it under the channel from the French owned North African solar sites(y)

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I couldn't even make it onto a rich list of people that live in my house:cry:

A house. Luxury! When I were a lad we lived in a fetid swamp in't middle o' road, worked 36 hours a day dowt' pit and when we came 'ome father would kill us by driving his motor'ome backwards and forwards over us. And we still had to go dow't pit next day.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Fake news as far as I can determine and more a product promotion than science study, the blokes not even a Professor, his biography describes has him as holding an MBA which is in business studies, occasional lecturer, his main claim to fame is the publication of three books prediciting the future collapse of conventional fuel and energy supplies and replacement with Solar power, which by sheer coincidence is where he holds a couple of part time jobs........so nothing really to see here, move along now.

Fossil fuels will be around for a long time yet.
Little wonder you are poo pooing it Sheldon, from your avatar I see that you will require not one but two new electric vehicles....:)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Has anyone actually checked to see if we have enough copper to actually make all these power cables that reach all the way from Africa?

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Experts don't you just love em :rolleyes:

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Has anyone actually checked to see if we have enough copper to actually make all these power cables that reach all the way from Africa?
Plenty of copper JandS but it is the rare earth magnets that will be the problem, China has a 95% monopoly on rare earth supply and was employing shady practices to manipulate the market. In the wake of China's tactics, prices for rare earth metals climbed as high as 3,000%.:sneaky:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I can't ever see this happening in my lifetime.. A Lorry, for example would need a battery the same size of the vehicle itself to power it.. I think this guy has been smoking some funny stuff..

I'm all in favour of electric and hybrid technology but to see this actually replacing all Petrol and Diesel by 2030 is laughable..
in china buses and trucks have been using batteries for years .
here tnt did have a fleet of trucks running on electric .
the biggest problem was folk got run over walking infront of trucks that were so quiet . noise machines have to be fitted to them .
the western world is way behind in technology.
almost a third world area compared to other areas.
40 ton trucks work on batteries .

Last edited:

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
BMW's truck only does 60 miles on a charge :D

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
A house. Luxury! When I were a lad we lived in a fetid swamp in't middle o' road, worked 36 hours a day dowt' pit and when we came 'ome father would kill us by driving his motor'ome backwards and forwards over us. And we still had to go dow't pit next day.

Swamp? Luxury.........

I assume then that the government will be giving us all a tax free lump sum to buy all these new vehicles that I would imagine will be made in China?

Or, as I see it, the mans an idiot living outside the real world.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Lets not cut the diesel engines.

Lets reduce immigration onto our tiny island-less emissions, improve roads, more highways that allow the engine to reach the optimum temp and thus efficiency, by-pass built up areas, plant more trees for our kids future, design a better particle filter for all those nasty fumes, ban woman driving and the school run - then the problem will be at least halved :)

Now where's my combat helmet, there might be some incoming:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back