Motorhomes are designed for small people! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Feltwell
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
That's not your son, that's a giraffe :rolleyes:

Being that tall must really be a pain. Ordinary beds, plane seats, seats at any kind of venue must become a problem, and clothes shopping I bet is both restricted & expensive.

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
I'm 6' 5" and have a new Laika on order. One of Laika's main markets is northen Europe and Scandinavia and they make much of the fact that their 'vans are designed to accommodate tall people. The vehicle I have on order, for example, has 2m internal standing height.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
@Feltwell I haven't read all the comments so please forgive me if I'm repeating what somebody else has said, but maybe have a look at https://www.wildaxmotorhomes.com and talk to them - they can remove/ cut down cupboards etc to make extra bed length if needed, & see if a Fiat HiTop is tall enough for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Haha, my son is 6 ft 10 ins.......... the best excuse yet to say NO when he asks to borrow our 5.4m HymerCar :D2:D2:D2
Flipping heck ... what did you feed him when he was younger? Growmore??? :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Never because of width not once and length I can't remember any.

Certainly not because a road was narrow
Don't want you to think you're talking to yourself so I thought I'd better reply. :D

With the places we like to go to width DOES play a part, as does height and length sometimes, but we find more times it is definitely the width that can cause restrictions, having a narrower width allows us to go to the places we want to, one of the reasons we changed from a 2.30m coachbuilt to a 2.05m PVC.

Night-night! :D2

Buzz Baby

Free Member
Mar 10, 2019
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since September 2017
Try being just 5ft tall at full stretch, and having to climb on the seating, beds or a step stool to reach every locker in the place. And climbing into the cab is like mountaineering, although its getting better as I get more used to it - one foot on the step, grab hold of both hanging bits of the seat belt with one hand, hang onto the dashboard with the other and HEAVE!!!!::bigsmile: Not very elegant but effective. And how I have to get into the fixed bed is another tale - Fosbury Flop seems to be the winner at the moment. Any one else's suggestions happily received. I tried to buy Sindy's Motorhome but they were sold out.:smiley:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
And how I have to get into the fixed bed is another tale - Fosbury Flop seems to be the winner at the moment. Any one else's suggestions happily received.
Mini-trampoline?

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
That's not your son, that's a giraffe :rolleyes:

Being that tall must really be a pain. Ordinary beds, plane seats, seats at any kind of venue must become a problem, and clothes shopping I bet is both restricted & expensive.

Yeah it's more of a liability for him really :eek:

Flipping heck ... what did you feed him when he was younger? Growmore??? :D

I blame Mrs Chox for not being a smoker haha, that would have stunted his growth ;)

Mind you, when he visits countries that are known for short people ......... he is treated like a GOD (y)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Try being just 5ft tall at full stretch, and having to climb on the seating, beds or a step stool to reach every locker in the place. And climbing into the cab is like mountaineering, although its getting better as I get more used to it - one foot on the step, grab hold of both hanging bits of the seat belt with one hand, hang onto the dashboard with the other and HEAVE!!!!::bigsmile: Not very elegant but effective. And how I have to get into the fixed bed is another tale - Fosbury Flop seems to be the winner at the moment. Any one else's suggestions happily received. I tried to buy Sindy's Motorhome but they were sold out.:smiley:

For the fixed bed, climb up the rear ladder and drop through the rooflight.:LOL:

OP
OP
Feltwell
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014

:D I'm guessing that you're not the driver, with no mention of using the steering wheel to get in or struggling to reach pedals?

There is a gizmo I've seen that hooks onto the door latch receiver on the frame to give an extra handle to aid getting in - I'm sure someone on here of the shorter/older/shorter & older persuasion will have one and comment on what it's called and it's effectiveness.

Or there's this to strap somewhere - preferably somewhere better than the picture in the advert! - and save you heaving on the seatbelt:-

Amazon product ASIN B0725CML1Y
If you're the type that likes flags, you could always get a multi-purpose flag pole - not only to fly flags, but to use it to pole vault into both the cab and bed as well. Your Fosbury Flop would come on a treat and think of the payload you'd save. See, this is the kind of commonsense, helpful advice that internet forums are renowned for. (y)

OP
OP
Feltwell
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Hmm, a definite paucity of passing places there!

Not one for the American RVs...….

That 3.5m sign on the tunnel takes a bit of faith to trust!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back