Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think we should start a bit of campaign on here. Called "Lets hug a Tugger!" Next time your on a CL or a campsite, give it a go, be extra nice and see if we can break down some barriers.
.:Smile:

Except its not needed:Smile: IMO the MH/Tugger divide exists only in the tiny minds of a tiny minority. :RollEyes:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Do you remember the Goodies sketch ???

They got rid of appartheit and all that and picked on short people.

Me ? I'm 6ft. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Except its not needed:Smile: IMO the MH/Tugger divide exists only in the tiny minds of a tiny minority. :RollEyes:

I hope your right but as for the Class system. Its definately alive and kicking. This thread pretty much shows that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
if you think there is a divide between tuggers and motorhomers try the divide between our canvas collegues and tuggers, Campers (as in the tent variety) really feel they are being treated as second/third class people on campsites according to some forums, they are asking why are vans and m/homes parked nearer facilities than them when tent campers dont have their own shower/ toilet facilities and dish washing facilities 'on board'and that on most campsites lighting of some discription is provided around the van sections but not the tent sections, and the difference in the pitch price is only a couple of quid between a tent and a van

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Cheers for that. I think its ok to have a laugh and take the p..s out of each other but wouldnt it be great if we all stopped looking down at each other and just went out there and enjoyed our common interests?

I think we should start a bit of campaign on here. Called "Lets hug a Tugger!"
How about "Hugger Tugger"? Have to be careful here with the double entendres though! :roflmto:

You are right about the class system (so called) where snobbery is particularly prevalent amongst the nouveau riche types. Look a bit closer and most, if not all, live in the cloud cuckoo land of credit and actually owe more than they own, though they will always believe whatever stands on the driveway is theirs! Still, it impresses naive neighbours so has the desired effect!

Surprised to hear this kind of snootishness extends to the biker fraternity.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
if you think there is a divide between tuggers and motorhomers try the divide between our canvas collegues and tuggers, Campers (as in the tent variety) really feel they are being treated as second/third class people on campsites according to some forums, they are asking why are vans and m/homes parked nearer facilities than them when tent campers dont have their own shower/ toilet facilities and dish washing facilities 'on board'and that on most campsites lighting of some discription is provided around the van sections but not the tent sections, and the difference in the pitch price is only a couple of quid between a tent and a van
Depends on the 'style' of canvas camper.

In my younger youth I liked to 'rough it' in a 2 man mountain tent. My water came in a bottle and my toilet facilities I walked to or if out in the wilds, simply used 'mother nature'. But many campers now, particularly families, bring everything including toilet and kitchen sink. There is a wide range of pretty elaborate gear available to this type of camper.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
On the waving topic. I notice Smart cars wave at each other. I use mine quite a lot as it's had an expensive repair and I want to get my money's worth.
I suppose Smart owners like to show solidarity, as it is an eccentric vehicle. Its actually brilliant, especially around town, as you can always find somewhere to park as you can use the spaces others can't fit in.::bigsmile:

Whether MH or tugger you find all sorts of people with them.

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
motorhome v caravan

HI it should make no difference if you are a tugger or motorhome owner every one for there choice when i retired nearly three years ago it was my dream to buy a m/h for me it was the biggest mistake of my life just was not for me i love my caravaning sold the m/h 2 weeks ago at a loss picked up our new bailey pageant bordaux s7 yesterday from chipping sodbury caravans cant wait for next weekend to get away with it going to cotswold water park south serney with the grandchildren

tony645

Free Member
Sep 25, 2009
Funster No
Had bikes most of my life, bikers are the friendliest group of people i`ve known, there are some snobs, mostly bmw riders, harley riders tend to be a bit insular and clanish, but they`ll all stop and help if you`ve a problem. I suppose there`s plenty of nice people on scooters but as they only tend to travel a few miles max from their base dont really meet any and i`ve always been afraid to give them the nod in case they reciprocate and fall off ha!
I`ve found the british class system is the strongest in spain with the villa owners if you get into conversation with them all they want to know is if their villa is bigger and better than yours , if they find out its not, end of conversation.
We`ve had a house in spain for the last 21 years, in fact we`re the the last of the original owners on a small development, seen most nationalities from europe come and go, had a german and a belgium neighbour who`ve never spoken to us or acknowledged us in 10 years, american, swiss, dutch and french neighbours are all fine, japanese family could`nt be nicer.
We`ve only just got into this motorhome thing but i assume its that common interest that breaks the ice and as most m/h`s have virtually the same equipment inside just some people want a bit more space, i suppose the bigger ones are a bit more luxurious but the smaller ones are laughing when it comes to country lanes, parking and mpg.

kamperman

Free Member
Apr 24, 2009
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
2 years
waving

I always wave on normal roads I sometimes miss m/homes on motorways if its busy, but I find most m/homes big, small, old or new wave back. I have not as yet had a caravan wave back, perhaps its cause iv'e only got an old pilote. when on site I find most people speak but caravaners seem to stick together as for me self i'l have a beer, wine, tea coffee with anyone my rig or theirs just as long as the conversations good and we have a laugh. if anyone does not want to wave or speak its there loss
this is probably not the right place to ask but does anyone know when the new pennant will be available read all the posts in this thread some interesting views

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

but it also exists in the motorhome world.

namely a certain rv club where the members are allocated pitchs according to size, newness and purchase price. or so it appears.

to steal a phrase from the boating fratenity, the £150k+ gin palaces are right out in prime position and the 25 year old winnie is shoved to the back out of sight.

or is that the 'class' system again?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back