MotorhomeFun's Position & Future (1 Viewer)

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Is there any way a flier can be put on (here I show my total lack of computer skills) so that those of us travelling around could print some off and leave them in site information (usually) garden sheds etc? Full instructions would, of course, be essential for dopes like me!
Jan

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
The beauty of this site is that it's free.

If you feel like donating all well and good.

Hope it never become a commercial venture:winky:

Don't think it will John, I feel happier knowing it's voluntary for those who feel able but I wouldn't want to discourage those who may be feeling the pinch. ::bigsmile:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Thanks, Bryan - great idea, love it - and worth every penny - the pair of you! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Is there any way a flier can be put on (here I show my total lack of computer skills) so that those of us travelling around could print some off and leave them in site information (usually) garden sheds etc? Full instructions would, of course, be essential for dopes like me!
Jan

Hi Jan I will send you some Flyers:thumb:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Please, please, please don't take this the wrong way.
The beauty of Fun is that it's independent AND free. To my mind making people feel guilty about not contributing is WRONG.
I participate in a number of other forums, only one of which charged (guess which one that is) and I didn't renew my subscription. At least you knew where you stood, you could browse, post a few times and then make a decision on whether or not you wanted to pay. Some forums are sponsored, some rely on click-throughs. One has been exhibiting at shows for a few years and made quite a successful business selling advertising. So the question is which business model do you follow. Sky, where you charge the viewers or ITV where you charge the advertisers? Personally, I'd prefer ITV but then I've never liked Murdoch!
In case you are wondering, No, I don't put money in charity tins being shaken under my nose either. I do contribute in other ways including participating in charity events.
I acknowledge that others, actually lots of others, have a different opinion but that's why I love this site.

Regards
Doug

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I am sure no one will take offence Doug................its all a matter of choice.

I donate to a few select charities only, thats my perogative.

I do think that Jim needs more advertisers on the site to help things chug along, however, I also know that its not through lack of trying that there are only a few to date........perhaps you could share some tips as to how to bring more advertisers our way :winky:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I am sure no one will take offence Doug................its all a matter of choice.

I donate to a few select charities only, thats my perogative.

I do think that Jim needs more advertisers on the site to help things chug along, however, I also know that its not through lack of trying that there are only a few to date........perhaps you could share some tips as to how to bring more advertisers our way :winky:

Actually, I've already started. If I can persuade one company to advertise it would benefit the site much more than a tenner. I'm using my personal business network to try and drum up some advertisers, anyone else got a few business contacts who might advertise?
How about expanding the links page to a full page advert for say £50 a year?

Regards
Doug

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Actually, I've already started. If I can persuade one company to advertise it would benefit the site much more than a tenner. I'm using my personal business network to try and drum up some advertisers, anyone else got a few business contacts who might advertise?
How about expanding the links page to a full page advert for say £50 a year?

Regards
Doug

Excellent idea Doug........unfortunately all of my buisiness contacts are in the 'States :Doh: .......... perhaps grab a couple of show guides (shame I didn't keep mine from Peterborough) there are lots of potential advertisers in there :Smile:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Thinking out loud,
what about a "download" section where such things as flyers can be made available.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Like this you mean?
Link Removed ::bigsmile:

Serpently needs a flyer adding...............JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shout: :shout:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.