MotorhomeFun's Position & Future (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
I think this is a great site - thanks to Jim, Bryan, and of course all the contributors.

For me, there is a bit of everything here, and the Meets/Rally section has really taken off with many members putting events on the calendar.

Let's all continue to enjoy it..........:winky:

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
Couldn't agree more!

MHFun is a great site and although I haven't met any members face to face yet (too shy), I hope you are all just as friendly in the flesh as you are on here.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Couldn't agree more!

MHFun is a great site and although I haven't met any members face to face yet (too shy), I hope you are all just as friendly in the flesh as you are on here.

But of course ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

stubon

Deleted User
:thanks2: for the hard work done Jim and Bryan
great friendly site not been off since joining:thumb:

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
Oh well!, I'll stay in hiding from the Zogs.
Bye.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Trouble with Zogian is they are all Tea Total :beer:

Last edited:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi A BIG THANK YOU TO you JIM :thumb: AND BRYAN for his hard work:thumb: well done
all to make this a great site :Cool:

:thanks:

RAY::bigsmile:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Jim
I would like to add our thanks to you for all the efforts you have made on this site. You know what I am referring to and our thanks for your total support towards us will never be forgotten, by us anyway.
I have to say that I am constantly amazed by the membership here, it is such a fun place to be that you even capture staff and moderators from other websites as well :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Keep up the good and hard work Jim and Bryan :thumb:

Keith

Last edited by a moderator:

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
More fun here than elsewhere
Keep-up the good work, and THANK YOU for what you've done so-far :thumb:

regards...nige

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I am pleased to be able to report that the site is presently just about making ends meet:Smile:

Our aim throughout has been to prove that it is possible to provide a quality site, funded by adverts alone, rather than the subscriptions and adverts approach adopted by our main competitor motorhomefacts. We have achieved that aim in just 6 months::bigsmile:

I have tried to keep the advertising as unobtrusive as possible so that the forum experience is not impaired, and whilst the last thing advertisers want is unobtrusive I think we have a good balance. We have a couple of advertising slots left and once these are sold it looks like we will celebrate our anniversary this year with a healthy outlook.

Of course if we had to pay wages to staff we would have gone under in our first month. The countless hours behind the scenes improving the site and fixing it when it breaks, is of course donated. Bryan in particular has worked tirelessly for hundreds of hours and continues to to do so. We most definitely would not be where we are today without him, A Big thanks Bryan :thumb:

A forum is nothing without its members, and we have a great membership. I make it part of my job to monitor other forums, and yes I am biased but.. I think what we have here is excellent, the atmosphere that prevails is fantastic and second to none, members are always cheerful, kind, courteous, knowledgeable and above all fun. So a big thankyou to you too:thumb:

I am very positive about the sites future, we have a full year of shows ahead where we will promote the site as much as our budget will allow. Our meets and rallies calendar is brimming with member get-togethers and the membership continues to grow. We are here to stay!:roflmto:

Long live Motorhome Fun:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Online Users: 103
37 members and .......................................66 guests

Come on all you guests, a few clicks of the mouse and you will become a member of FUN, good for a laugh and loads of usefull FACTS.

We are a friendly lot, so join and become part of FUN:thumb:

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
Thank you everyone for making this such a fun and informative site :clap:
You can tell a lot of hard work goes into making this possible & it is greatly appreciated.
:thanks2:,
Andy

S

stubon

Deleted User
the number one site

Well done Jim & Bryan

Great site, great people the number one motorhome site for me :thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:
Thanks Bryan for all the hard work :thumb::thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Well Done Guys!!!

We have only had our m/h for a few weeks know after shipping it from the states.

The advice given and enthusiasm shown on this site has helped us no end.

Thanks to all the team and keep it going.

bigal

Free Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
10 months
A great big thanks to Jim and Bryan and anyone else who has made this site the FUN place it is . I always go straight to M.H.Fun when I switch on before loading anything else.
Pat and I have made many new friends through fun meets in the 8 months we have been motorhoming.
Keep up the brilliant work.
Al:thumb::thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Daft question how much is a "donation" is it a case of every little bit helps or is it bigger sums ? In my humble opinion lots of little bits add up to a big bit !:Smile:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
... how much is a "donation"..

Being in a parallel situation to Jim, my answer would be a combination of "whatever one feels the forum is worth to them" and "whatever one can afford".

Nobody should feel obligated to donate. But, since there are costs associated with running a forum, if folks feel they get something out of being here, it's reasonable to help offset Jim's costs in whatever way they feel is appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
This is a great site, well laid out and easily navigable. A wealth of information in the threads and you only have to ask if you can't find what you are looking for.
I have only been to one rally and didn't get eaten:ROFLMAO:just got a very warm welcome from Jim and Co. So for all the shy ones out there don't be Virgin ralliers get yourself on one, you will be well looked after and have a lot of FUN .

And a big well done to Bryan for fiddling with the cogs and stuff in the backroom keeping the site running for the love of us Funsters:thumb:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Congratulations Jim and Bryan:thumb:. But no matter how much praise is rained down on our leaders it is finnancial support that is really needed.
Over 2000 members, hundreds of guests. only 7 SEVEN donations:Eeek:.
So come on all you congratulating members get your credit card out, doesnt have to be a large amount:thumb:. I am sure that Jim & Bryan would appreciate it.

Don

PS we will never come top of the search engine as it is alphabetical.:Eeek:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi my own view on donations is that it was inevitable if this site was to continue to grow, look at motorhometoday, it has remained a fairly small site because the site owners don't spend the time and money actively promoting themselves.

The biggest expense in time and money must be at the shows, and I cannot see how Jim can continue to justify this without getting some cash in, it must be one helluva expensive hobby. ::bigsmile:

As I am happy to give nuke a tenner, I see no problem doing the same here.

Olley

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
My own sentiments Olley, The other way to look at it is simply, Ask the question, if the answer sorts the problem and saves an expensive trip to the garage or dealer then that has got to be worth a donation.
I, like you, only donated a tenner, just think of what 2000 members could turn up with, as most have had a serious problem solved, Havent they Jim:ROFLMAO:
So come on , lets keep this fantastic site alive and well.:thumb:

Don

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Support for Jim & Brian

Thoroughly agree with the other posters here - I get twice as much fun, pleasure and information from this site and a lot less hassle for being who I am and what I am! Twice as much FUN so I paid twice as much as I was asked to by the other side last week :thumb::thumb::thumb:

50 pence per week compared to the price of a daily paper - no contest - except that we should have a crossword competition rather than just a boring old quiz night - to which I never know the answers anyway! :RollEyes::RollEyes:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
- except that we should have a crossword competition rather than just a boring old quiz night - to which I never know the answers anyway! :RollEyes::RollEyes:

:winky:

Attachments

• crossword.jpg
    crossword.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 47

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
this mans skills know no boundries!!!!!!
Still too hard.

Ahh well.

Don the dunce:ROFLMAO:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I think this thread is a great idea as I hadn't given it much thought (any :Blush:) Now that I have, I've made a donation and worth every penny :thumb:

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
The beauty of this site is that it's free.

If you feel like donating all well and good.

Hope it never become a commercial venture:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back