Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ive just deleted a page that has some testimonials on it, they were good of course but all from 2010-2014. I need some current testimonials to put on a new page to encourage others to join.

Could any of you please write a short testimonial here that I might add to the new page, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
The first and only resource we would use for motorhome advise.
We joined before we had even bought a motorhome which helped us to decide on what was important to us whilst helping avoid the pitfalls of been a newbie.
We stayed members for the ongoing tips and tricks as well as the friendly banter which can occur with discussing everyday things not just motorhomes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
I joined just after I bought my first motorhome. I wish I’d found the site before purchase as I knew nothing. I have had so much friendly, indispensable help and advice and would have made even more mistakes without it!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I joined motorhomefun originally to gather information for a proposed purchase which I found extremely useful. As time went on it became a major resource for a variety of related subjects, camp sites, foreign travel and answers to a whole variety of matters that I need answers to. After ten years membership it's a daily event to login for news on a variety of things, not all motorhome related.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
It's Fun, it's Aggravating, it's a mine of very useful information, just like real life.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I joined about 2 years after buying my first motorhome. Looking back it would have been wiser if I had joined 2 years before buying my first motorhome because the wealth of knowledge on here is outstanding. I was so naïve right down to not thinking in advance if my new motorhome would fit on our drive.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have been a member of Motorhomefun for several years and have found the forum invaluable for information of what is good or bad, acceptable or not in all aspects of owning and maintaining a motorhome including travelling and camping at home and abroad.
The forum also offers the advantages of attending social meets and events with the opportunity to meet those that frequent the very vocal entertaining forum.
I never miss my daily dose of what’s going on.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Motorhome fun has been a mine of information over the years. Saved a fortune in hints tips and advice from experienced Funsters.
Maintenance, touring, campsites, and general lifestyle. Classified section for buy and sell has been useful as well.
All that and a place to air views, have a laugh and generally put the world to rights. The forum is populated by some very intelligent and resourceful people.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I have never felt the need to be involved in a forum before but I have found this to be an invaluable source of information, and sensibly policed. Unlike some other general interest sites. Loads of valuable information gleaned over years of experience just waiting for the novice or seasoned motor homer.

Jun 13, 2020
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML T570
I had wanted to own a motorhome for years. Last year all the planets aligned, except for the virus one......
So I ordered one.
I was completely new, naive, and lacking in knowledge to motorhoming in general.
I decided to research as much as I possibly could.
I couldn't believe just how much there was to learn.
In searching I came across MotorhomeFun.
I observed from afar initially.
I then joined.
At the same time I realised that the MH I had reserved wouldn't be the right one.
I cancelled the order, and then went back to the drawing board.
I posed a couple of questions on the forum, and as a result received various pieces of advice,
and in particular one specific recommendation, and a great deal of help from a MF member, who I shan't name as I don't wish to embarrass them.
But their help was invaluable, and led to our actual purchase of the very same MH we now have and are extremely pleased with.
Since joining I have found the whole community so helpful and very thoughtful.
I often read threads where members have really gone out of their way to advise or offer physical help.
One thread which comes to mind is a chap last year who suffered some difficult mechanical issues in France.
Members offered local knowledge, took and sent photos of engine parts, offered translation services, recommended and contacted garages, to mention but a few...the list went on.
In essence I have really appreciated being part of the MF community.
I look forward to the time when I will be able to give as much as I have been given !

(Just re-read the thread title- it states 're-subscribe' ) I haven't had chance yet, but I intend to, but will leave the post as is anyway......

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Whatever information I've needed before or after buying or maintaining a motorhome or accessory, arranging documentation, or needing a site or route Fun puts me in touch with people who've got one, fixed one, stayed there or done that.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Aside being a wealth of technical knowledge, Fun has grown our list of friends we met through the organised meets. Add to that information on foreign as well as UK touring and it’s my best value subscription made to any club.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Motorhome Fun is the best source of information available. It has saved me hundreds of pounds,and there is always something interesting to read about. Fantastic!!!!

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Where else in the world can you get so much motorhome information from like minded peaple.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Being part of MOTORHOMEFUN helps you to gain knowledge, skills and experience in all aspects of life and motorhoming, You will feel the change in yourself. You'll grow faster than you think. It's the best way to meet people and make new friends.
1615545849754.png

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
As a solo female motorhomer I was a little reluctant to join a club which might have been the stereotype "you WILL join in and follow the rules" kind of set-up. I thought I'd give it a go for one rally and if it was awful I'd only wasted a year's subscription. After the first day (at Chester Racecourse rally) I was hooked. That was 2015 and I have re-subscribed every year since without hesitation.
I have met so many lovely friendly funsters from all walks of life and made some fantastic friendships. The forum is full of so much information, the answers to any problems I have are there at the touch of a button. Following other people's travel experiences is so useful, enjoyable and inspiring. So much so that 13 of us solo females ventured all the way to Twin Lakes in France in 2017, first time abroad in a motorhome for most of us. What a brilliant trip! I'd never have done anything like that without Motorhome Fun. Long may it reign!
Thank you so much.

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
When we bought our first van we wanted to find some help and advice. We tried a different Forum but MotorhomeFun lives up to its name. Help, advice and most of all, fun. Lots of banter in good part, and Rallies. Only done one so far but looking forward to seeing the faces behind the avatars.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I have been a member for a few years now, and, apart from it being informative on many levels, it has it's laughs, it's has it's sad moments, and it puts people in touch with other likeminded folk. I have met a few people whom I now count as friends.

Craig

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
We first joined Motorhome Fun when we bought our factory built motorhome which was great fun. After a couple of years we sold that one as we were drawn to the Dark side of self builds and self build forums. Having completed our self build we returned to Motorhome Fun for the vast knowledge of its members on everything Motorhome. We now, when we are allowed in Covid times, enjoy European touring safe in the knowledge that if help is required Motorhome Fun members have our backs.

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
I was blackmailed by Jim into rejoining. 👀 in his blackmail email he said if I didn’t pay my dues he would send oldmo up to me in person and force me to here his jokes live and in my face. For the sake of the dogs at least,I paid up. 💰🤡

and it’s also a great place to get info on things you never knew you needed. A gtreat place for everything you need to know about your van and more 👍🥃😷

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
I joined over ten years ago when I was looking for a motorhome seeking advice. Since then I have meet many friends and am still doing so. £15 for Fun, friendship, advice, laughter, banter what could be better value.
and Old Mo's jokes.

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
All the help, advice, recommendations and resources you could ever need, whether you’re an old hand or new to owning a motorhome.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back