Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
subs

Well done Jim & Bryan,an absolutley sterling job:thumb:i know the work you put into keeping the forum what it is.great work.oh and by the way you owe me 2 quid:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: regards brian jo and josh:winky::winky:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I see they (the dark side) have a thread running "how thick can one get" well...........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Thanks Bryan & Jim
great forum, great people, lots of info and great rallies, hope they continue.
:thanks:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I just got an email, there is a thread running about the subs reduction. Someone on the Darkside is anticipating rows over here because of the subs drop:ROFLMAO: Bless em::bigsmile:

jim thanks for the reduction in the future

as for that thats paid if there was any thoughts of returning me two quid

do us a favour stick it in a charity bin

i can afford £1, a monff for such good entertainment

cheers fella blue skies:thumb::thanks:

weejocky

Funster
Jan 20, 2010
Yorkshire and France
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
not long enough
I thought you were more Kamakazi.

It feels like it sometimes.:ROFLMAO: But we should speak up for what we believe in even if its a minority view, as mine always seems to be here:ROFLMAO:

I used to subscribe to facts and I know some of you think I should go back.:Blush: But I would like to say that the folks here argue with more decorum. I just looked at the thread on facts that relates to this one about the subs reduced here. Someone there said that it would develop into a slanging match here. Bit it's the opposite, everything is positive here and they are having a right old ding dong there, calling each other names in that very thread, with people asking for it to be closed. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When I do stick my head above the parapit, I'd rather do it here so you will get my £10 again next year:thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
spoke with Jim at bath and true to his word(if he gets enough interest) he has reduced the supscriptions:thumb:
was a member of the darkside but decided to leave after being pulled up on spelling.
so decided to join this forum.
just looked at the thread on the darkside and true to form it has decended in to people asking for it to be locked and members insulting each other.
and we were the ones that were going to fall out,you could not make it up :Doh:

chris

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A nice gesture Jim .. thanks :thumb:

It has certainly given the darkside plenty to talk about .. a nice long thread with the 'usual suspects' letting off steam .. have they nothing better to talk about ... :RollEyes:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It feels like it sometimes.:ROFLMAO: But we should speak up for what we believe in even if its a minority view, as mine always seems to be here:ROFLMAO:

You bet you should. If you hadn't been so uncompromising and pushing it, it might not have got so heated but what the hell it stayed civilised and everyone had their say. Even if folk didn't agree with you it made them think about wild camping and the implications.

What you never accepted is that wild camping is a choice, freedom, not just cheapskate. Abuse it we all suffer, but in the wilds of Scotland, it's the only option so enjoy it and respect the area.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Can't get that link to work or is it just me, as a non subscriber I can't search for it either.:Sad:

Google indexes The Dark Side, so with a bit of patience you can find these threads. I did a google on "motorhomefun subscription", that worked.

Anyway Jim has over-ridden his own system to show the thread, quite right too, if you don't read it you'd not believe comments on it.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Dear me I've only read a bit from the "other house" and already I want to get away. Do our lot register under different names?[/COLOR]

my subs expired about three years ago so it's read only .. and I've always used the same name

in fact, I still get PMs that I can't read how daft is that :RollEyes:

. and email notifications of threads and campsite reviews I posted in..

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
good news Jim & Bryan

:thumb:A small mile stone but a big one on the route.. soon be at the 1000... well done

Bob:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am away at my bus so poor reception dongle wise.

Great news this is and well done Funsters.

mikamada

Free Member
Apr 12, 2009
Funster No
My name is Kim......and I'm a FUNSTER!!!!!!! - out an proud :roflmto:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Sorry, I just don't get it.

I have been reading the "other thread" and just one thing springs to mind, Why?

we have our motorhome and love it we wave and have fun with other motorhomers regardless of what club they belong too.

We meet other motorhomers from all over the place, they may be funsters, factors, roamers or just dam right Gypsies, but we speak with them and have fun, we learn, we educate and we move on.

I have never had any dealings with Facts other than getting a spelling education from one of my first 5 free posts so I never bothered paying up.

So why are they so obsessed? the only thing that thread serves to do is to really really embarass those that have taken part in it. I am so so so grateful for those like Barry D who has put a very decent post on stating how childish some are being.

A bit of banter is fine but they seem obsessed with the fact there is another option for motorhome forums, there is even a seperate row about another subject (an injoke I think :Blush:)

I chose Motorhome fun and have been actively involved for no other reason than it's a great fun place to be. I dont feel the need to knock any posters over there,, :Doh: but Strange aint the word :Eeek::Eeek:

Oh and im also here because Im addicted :Blush:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks and well done Jim if id only seen this post earlier as we are just back from a trip round wales and a day at the nec where Sophie (my 13 year old) fell in love with a £200k rv i told her we where a couple of quid short or i would buy it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So there another £198,998,00 i have saved since joing fun:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have read the posts on the link. They are a precious lot aren't they?

They speculate whether we see them as "Factsters". I was thinkiin more along the lines of a name starting with a "W".....::bigsmile:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
We've been away in West Yorkshire ,so only just seen this great news!

Thanks Jim and Bryan for all your hard work.
WE go from strength to strength

I must admit I was surprised by some of the posts on the other forum. Why can't everyone just enjoy themselves in a hobby we all love instead of sniping at people on other forums? I don't get it?? Isn't there enough pain in the world without creating more?
Sorry, rant over.
I met another new MH owner on the site and persuaded him to have a look at our site. Glad he will see we are a FRIENDLY bunch of FUNSTERS!
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back