Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Who is organising the club golf open and where is it being held. Have I missed it ?

If there isn't one, why not ? No daft comments from non golfers !

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Who is organising the club golf open and where is it being held. Have I missed it ?

If there isn't one, why not ? No daft comments from non golfers !

Why dont you organise this ??? I wouldnt have a clue where to start but I am sure theres a few up for it.

OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
Why dont you organise this ??? I wouldnt have a clue where to start but I am sure theres a few up for it.

There are some people that are really good at organising these things and get a buzz out of doing it, unfortunately not me, I am just a good supporter. There seems to be "meets" for no real reason
I just thought a golf tournament would give purpose.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There are some people that are really good at organising these things and get a buzz out of doing it, unfortunately not me, I am just a good supporter. There seems to be "meets" for no real reason

Hey don't give up so easily, you only need a couple of other people interested and you have yourself a nice informal meet, nothing to organise really it will just happen. And those small meets are the very best kind (y)

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp

I agree, there must be courses close to suitable sites. It all depends on the level required.
I seem to remember Great Comberton near Pershore had a CL and rally field next to a small and very young par 3 course. Its years since I've been there so I don't know how it developed.
A few weeks ago we stayed at Lyndon Top on Rutland Water. This is a super rally spot (there were 3 there the weekend we visited) and Rutland water Golf Course was a short walk away. This appeared to be a very friendly Pay and Play with a good bar and positive approach to societies. ( Broken Link Removed)
It seems to me such a meet could be anything from 2 or 3 vans to something much more Open (heh heh).
I would be keen except that after the Malvern show we go to France for a few weeks.
My only handicap is my handicap.
Brynric (26.2)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I agree with Jim.

It really isnt as difficult as it sounds.

You already have cutfinger and steelysteph up for it. A few people could help with organising.

Perhaps if you found a venue prices could be negotiated, I am sure plenty would help in any organising that would be needed and look whilst Ive been typing someones already suggested a venue.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Time constraints with Building work but I'm sure I could make a hole in the diary for a round if it were to be held south of the country.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Moodybrook I'd be up for that, could maybe get a few signed on at the county. Also you could have one at Hoddam and open it to all levels since its a short nine hole course.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
I'm up for it and don't mind doing abit of organising, was secretary and also treasurer of our works society so should be ok, be looking at next year tho.
Dave

OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
I'm up for it and don't mind doing abit of organising, was secretary and also treasurer of our works society so should be ok, be looking at next year tho.
Dave

That's my lad, I'm in. My friend Drover will be there too. Maybe a separate thread in "Meets".

God dained to breathe on this thread (Jim).

Maybe he will sponsor the International perpetual trophy or he can put some pressure on our dear coachbuilders ? (y)

You're voted on the job by majority decision ;)

Last edited:

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
There is a Caravan Club CL at Fynn Valley Golf Club - but it is in Suffolk. Broken Link Removed. A long drive from Scotland!

Cheers

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
I think we need to find out who fancies it and were their from, I know Cheshire/North Wales great golfing and good deals, Frodsham, Hawkstone Pk, The Cheshire course at Carden Pk and many more
all within 20 mins of the Cotton Arms Wrenbury,
Dave

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Just a thought. I'm a member of the Committee at Royal North Devon Golf Club, Westward Ho! There may well be an opportunity for a Golf Only one or two night rally. I'd be happy to explore but would need some idea of numbers and the all important question. How much would people be prepared to pay for green fees? It would depend on week or week-end and season. Would £35 - £40 per round seem reasonable for a premium club?
Golfers let me know. Just a view Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back