DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thank you Jim .enjoyed reading it, was just thinking that the only thing it needed was page numbers and hey presto there they were but I haven't a clue how I got the preview pages with numbers along the bottom of the screen and couldn't replicate when I went back to finish reading the excellent magazine, can anyone tell me how to show that.
Tap the screen to bring up the pre-view. On Android though a tap and hold (long press) seems to be needed.

Screenshot_20191015-085512.png

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
All working now Jim, thanks muchly. Don’t know what I did differently today. On iPhone and iPad.

just spent some time mooching, I like it. Took a while to remove the page banner at the bottom of the page, it covered the last paragraphs. No other issues, encountered. Well done you And all contributors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Great stuff - cant imagine where you begin putting together something like that.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Jim After skimming through the mag during testing, I’ve finally settled down to a ‘cover to cover’ read and thoroughly enjoyed it.... thank you for your and the contributors’ efforts. Looking forward to future issues.

Only slight downside for me, I thought from the testing conversations that someone was going to proofread the whole mag for typos/spellings etc, but still plenty evident. If only I had the time to offer !

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
respect

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Worked fine for me on Android phone
Downloaded app then went to forum and clicked on the link, mag started downloading

Jan 5, 2009
Chillington Devon
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2006
Just read from cover to cover. Well done Jim. Spotted a few typos but that did not detract from the content.
Look forward to future copies.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
The Android phone took three attempts yesterday, before being successful in downloading the App. However, despite following your advice above e rebooting Jim, and after almost ten attempts, nothing I do gets me the App on my Android tablet. I just keep getting.......................
There was a problem generating your subscription, please try again. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Jim, I came downstairs this morning, tapped the screen to wake up the tablet, tapped the link on page one, and "Voila", straight to the App store, then installed and opened the App. (y)
I don't know why it wouldn't work for me yesterday, after repeated attempts. :(

My only problem on the tablet, is that I can only read the magazine in portrait view. I have the same problem with the Camper Contact, Metro Bank, and Search For Sites Apps, so it must be to do with the tablet itself, and not the App.

Cheers,

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Jim, I came downstairs this morning, tapped the screen to wake up the tablet, tapped the link on page one, and "Voila", straight to the App store, then installed and opened the App. (y)
I don't know why it wouldn't work for me yesterday, after repeated attempts. :(

My only problem on the tablet, is that I can only read the magazine in portrait view. I have the same problem with the Camper Contact, Metro Bank, and Search For Sites Apps, so it must be to do with the tablet itself, and not the App.

Cheers,

The Campercontact app only works in portrait mode at the moment. I've read somewhere they might change it to work in landscape but this hadn't been done yet.

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
Really impressed. Hope we can get realistic, independent van reviews. The mags you can buy seem too dependent on advertising to give unbiased information.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Couldnt load the subscription on android but the PC version worked. Brilliant mag, and very professional looking. Articles interesting too.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
The Campercontact app only works in portrait mode at the moment. I've read somewhere they might change it to work in landscape but this hadn't been done yet.
Thanks John. :)
When I contacted the Dutch owners, they informed me that they had no intention to change the App to work in Landscape view. :(

Cheers,

• Thanks
Reactions: DBK
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Jim

I posted this on another thread in response to a Q re buying, but it probably would be better on here, so I replicate it below

"
Jim said:

Our launch mag has an article about buying from a motorhome show. click
Jim

I opened the laptop version but could not find a way to zoom in on the print which was difficult for me to read.

Did I miss something? I tried clicking left and right on the mouse.

Geoff

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
For Android, try this - first DELETE any MHF app you have on your device. Then shut down and restart - IMPORTANT, if you don't do this it doesn't work.

Now download the MHF app - from Playstore seems to be okay. Note this doesn't download the mag.

Finally download from the link on Post 1 - it will probably take a short time depending on your device and connection. This should give you the free subscription.

I'm on Android 9, which was a little rebellious when we were first testing until Jim took a hammer to it(!), but it now appears to be working okay according to various posts and for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jim

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
What TerryL said. Follow religiously.
Saw Jim today at the show, and he said the app team are working on getting Android to show in landscape.

StephDeLux

Free Member
May 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
ML-T 560 built
Exp
Since 2010
This is an impressive "pilot" issue!

I read the articles on alarms and toilets and learned stuff in both.

Looking forward to reading the other articles and of course to the next issue!

• Thanks
Aug 27, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Nuevo called Mabel
Exp
newbie learning fast and sometimes the hard way
Just downloaded on PC. As a newbie and looking forward to picking up my Nuevo next week i found the toilet article very informative and answered the questions I had lined up for my handover next week! Lots of variation to keep you interested in the rest of the magazine, keep up the good work

• Thanks

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Hip hip hurray Could not get the mag to download a couple of days ago, was going to give up untill got a better WI FI connection was at the show yesterday, planned on asking Jim, run out of time and was very tired so came home. Got up this morning thinking give it one more go and hip hip hooray it’s done it. Cheers Jim, looks good. Will read later. Now how do I get every issue when it comes out.
Edit
went into App Store and downloaded the app, but it says buy now, clicked on that and it wants 99p have not clicked on that. Am I doing something wrong.

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Edit
went into App Store and downloaded the app, but it says buy now, clicked on that and it wants 99p have not clicked on that. Am I doing something wrong.
You don't need to go to the App store. Just click on Jim's link in his first post above, and it'll take you to the correct location, then click on install. (y) No fees required.

Cheers,

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
You don't need to go to the App store. Just click on Jim's link in his first post above, and it'll take you to the correct location, then click on install. (y) No fees required.

Cheers,

Done that all went ok, but how do I get further issues.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
tried downloading via the app but worried because it says ‘in app purchases’
also can it be read off line in app.

I downloaded it via Yumpu and then saved in iBook.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
So if you have downloaded the app, how do you get it without separately downloading outside the app or paying. Sorry cannot do with reading 6 pages of posts?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back