MotorhomeFun is getting a glossy (Digital) Magazine (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
There should be quite a few commissions on offer - get your claims in people:

The Toilet Column.
The Park For Free in someone's garden Column.
The Reverse Polarity Column.
The Gas Mask - the column for lost Rolexes.
The GPS - How to avoid farm yards - Column.
The Polish your MH Column.
The Wino - for those who choose the wrong wine for their fish 'n' chips.
The Dish - How big is your dish ?
The Legover Column - How to get inside a woman's hab door.
The Boot Column - where is the best place to kick a salesman.
The classic match is champagne we did it on a bench facing the harbour in whitby champagne in a coolbox fetched the fish and chips great. Had a couple of strange looks not sure if envious or just??????????. Seriously if you want a column on vineyards visited by motorhome some with overnighting free included and food /wine matches get in touch we both actually have a qualification in wine (the homework was terrible!!!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Speaking of which, any recipes for a van with a full ccoker and those with just two rings.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I salute your style.

The late Brian Ollier, Oll1 on here, was a fan of Bollinger and Fish and Chips, the best of France, the best of UK.

Always had the champagne chilled and flutes ready to share, nice memories of him.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Looking forward to this. The only one I get at the moment is the C&CC mag and that goes straight into the recycling bin without even opening it, full of rave reviews of assorted overpriced crap. Fortunately they do an on-line only membership, so waiting for this to start.

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Hi Jim
This is so exciting!
Got an article ready for you. Just a couple of questions. Do you want it single or double spaced, size 12 font, Roman. How many words?
This one is about our first ever trip to France when we started out full timing with some useful tips on how to do it. I've got some more articles in the pipeline too.
Steph

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi Jim
This is so exciting!
Got an article ready for you. Just a couple of questions. Do you want it single or double spaced, size 12 font, Roman. How many words?
This one is about our first ever trip to France when we started out full timing with some useful tips on how to do it. I've got some more articles in the pipeline too.
Steph
Jim will be happy with any standard file format I think - .doc, .docx etc. Spacing and font won't matter as he will apply whatever standard style he is going to use for the entire magazine. I would just use whatever your system defaults to. I'm using 11pt Calibre but only because I use that for most things. Headings are just bigger and bold but again Jim will almost certainly apply his own style on top of that.

Keep photos as a separate file and don't imbed them in the document.

Not sure of ideal length of article but would guess Jim won't be too fussed at this stage when interesting content is probably more important. :)

Just my thoughts - Jim may now contradict all of the above. :)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Jim will be happy with any standard file format I think - .doc, .docx etc. Spacing and font won't matter as he will apply whatever standard style he is going to use for the entire magazine. I would just use whatever your system defaults to. I'm using 11pt Calibre but only because I use that for most things. Headings are just bigger and bold but again Jim will almost certainly apply his own style on top of that.

Keep photos as a separate file and don't imbed them in the document.

Not sure of ideal length of article but would guess Jim won't be too fussed at this stage when interesting content is probably more important. :)

Just my thoughts - Jim may now contradict all of the above. :)
Sounds like an Editor in Chief opportunity \ volunteer for our overworked valiant leader!(y):whistle::p

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Thanks. I've only written (a little bit) for published mags and they always have their own formats and won't even consider you if you don't follow them.
Steph

Reactions: DBK

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Always had the champagne chilled and flutes ready to share, nice memories of him.

Couldn't find Brian Carol ... but here is his lovely wife with your Eddie. :) Can you believe it was 7 years ago.. :(

Love those media rally photos Jim.. please don't delete them.. :(

28232-340a1b95b909132978ba9c4938bec5cd.jpg

Last edited:
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Sounds like a great idea Jim and I wish you all the best with it. I personally don't have a smart phone or tablet and have no plans to purchase either. I subscribed to an online site called www.goreadly.com which allowed us as a family to read several thousand digital mags every month, not only the current month but every edition going back 4 years or more. This cost me £7.99 a month. I have a number of interests including MH, fishing, photography, fishkeeping to name a few. My wife has several interests not to mention womens interest stuff like Hello etc. Between us we must dip in and out of 30 odd mags every month including a number of MH and campervan mags.
I have a subscription to MMM mag which unlike digital magazines I read cover to cover over the space of a month, (not because the content is better) I have NEVER read a digital mag from cover to cover as I find them tedious and tiring.

Interestingly I received an email from goreadly.com saying that they had spent a small fortune developing their smart phone and tablet platforms and were going to discontinue the service to PCs and laptops. I wrote to ask them to cancel my sub to their service as I had no need or intention of purchasing a smartphone or tablet.
Three months later I got an email from them saying that due to the response from customers they are not going to scrap their service to PC customers, I was delighted so I re-subscribed. The PC software is a bit clunky to be honest, but as I said, I only pick and choose what really interests me. It may be worth a look, you can subscribe for £0.99 for the first month then £7.99 a month thereafter and you can cancel at any time.
This is my personal experience of digital mags, I hope that you find something useful in it(y)

The web site is called www.readly.com sorry for the error @denisejoe

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Hi Jim
Just checking that you got both the articles and photos? I expect you're mega busy so no worries if you haven't had time too look at them.
Steph

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back