MotorhomeFun hits Peterborough! (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Well the first contingency of Funsters have arrived at Peterborough :thumb:

Suzy and myself got here at about 2:30pm and Jim and his luverly family arrived a little later.

The ground is okay but uneven in places so if you have levelling ramps it might be wise to bring 'em :winky:

They haven't been over generous with the size of our rally field either but I'm sure we''ll manage, after all, we're all friends on Fun :ROFLMAO:

AND the weather was glorious all afternoon and into the early evening...

Definately nice enough to sit out in (Just ask Suzy and Sian :RollEyes:)

To all those that are coming - see ya soon :thumb:
To all those not coming - You're missing a good 'un, maybe next year?

Bryan

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Bryan save me four little level bits for me wheels please, no jacks no blocks no hope:ROFLMAO:
Geo

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Missed you... spent about 45mins driving around and only found the other MHF... they were well impressed when I asked where the motorhome funsters were:ROFLMAO:

(seriously, they were OK people with a sense of humour (even Nuke had a smile:winky:)

Some parts of the camping area were very (very!) soggy...

see you Friday or maybe tomorrow....

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Update 13:15

Well our numbers have been swollen by the arrival today of Papa Smurf, Sundowners and Steptoe.

AND...

The heavens have opened and we are currently in the middle of a severe downpour...:cry: Any body would think we were at a motorhome show ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dawn

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
Merseyside.
Funster No
MH
Hightop.
Exp
17yrs.

Well our numbers have been swollen by the arrival today of Papa Smurf, Sundowners and Steptoe.

AND...

The heavens have opened and we are currently in the middle of a severe downpour...:cry: Any body would think we were at a motorhome show ::bigsmile:

Hiya Bryan,

The sun is shining here in Liverpool :sin:
We're setting off in an hour or two, so hopefully we'll bring the sun with us ::bigsmile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
They Wouldnt Let Us In !!!!!!

We drove up in our car (because our campers been taken by the insurance company) and having read the various web pages were looking forward to a lovely day out. We left early, did the packed lunch and thought, we will definitely find a replacement camper at the show!!!!

We saw many campers on the way, found the disabled entrance and queued and queued to get in. So after 2.5 hours travelling it was finally our turn.

WELL the long and the short of it is they wouldnt let us in. Apparently it isnt open to members of the public until tomorrow!!!!! They wouldnt even let us use the toilet we were told they couldnt let us onsite at all due to health and safety reasons.

We werent the only ones either, one family we met who had also been refused entry had travelled down from wales.

We have just arrived home (2pm)

PERHAPS NEXT TIME WEBSITES CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DAY VISITORS AND CAMPERS MORE CLEAR to saving wasting peoples time and money and causing disappointment.

WE WISH ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE PITCHES THE VERY BEST OF FUN.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp

AND...

Hi Bryan typical Rally weather then

Link RemovedLink Removed
garregen.gif
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
If anyone sees Road Runner John, tell him that black truck who was flashing him on the A14 was me ::bigsmile:

theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Spotted this morning on my way to work .... Johns_Cross_Motorhomes .... coming out of the Marriott Hotel .......!!!!

Didn't fancy roughing it in motorhome then with the masses? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
:beer:Update 09:00

Well the sun is shining now :Smile:

More funsters arrived yesterday - Yoolie, Peaps and Road Runner (meep, meep)

Fuuny thing that Linda, John said he saw some foxy lady in a big black truck flashing him, he made no mention of headlight though!

SNG popped by for a chat along with Jim and Road Runner so a few beers just HAD to be quaffed :beer:

Bryan

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
:beer:Update 09:00

he made no mention of headlight though!

Bryan

Neither did I :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

If you happen to be out and about.....pop along and make sure JC isn't asleep.....he's on his own today (getting my own back for last year :roflmto: )

I'll be along later this evening with the tribe :shout:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Bar Bill::thumbdown:

We give them tap water and takeaways, there is a limit to generousity!
You can always take pity on them and invite them round for a :beer: and some of Lindy's prayer offerings:ROFLMAO:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hiya Guys :thumb::thumb:

Hope you have a great weekend don't let the weather get you down it can't possibly be any worse then Newark.

Any chance of retaining that trophy?

Chillin out today as we're heading north again tomorrow to the Smokey Mountains .

Have a beer for us ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

See you soon
Rory & Jan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back