MotorhomeFun goes international! Nov 07 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
All i have to do is shake off the cold i seem to have coming on (alway hits me hard as Diabetic:Doh:)

It will be just me Friday as have the dogs monthly meat delivery arriving and we cant get by without it (comes long way from Rugeley) and they have brought the welsh delivery a week forward now:Doh: so Irina will stay for it and I'll pick Irina up on Saturday morning with the dogs (I am not allowed to have them on my own:roflmto:) so Ha Ha she will miss the curry and she loves it:winky:

See you all there:thumb:

C'mon guys anyone else fancy the meet?

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Here and chilling out on my own (bliss)

Weather not great today but peace and quiet is great:winky:

Bit difficult leaving home today as my dad suddenly didn't want me to leave him (one of the downside of caring for someone) but sound better on talking with him on the phone tonight.

Eileen been great been great and repaired the grass I trashed yesterday the best she can.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all tomorrow.

Oh yes the forecast is much better for tomorrow:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Just to let you know we have four large RV's on site and its looks BRILL ! We were concerned as we had not had RVs before but they fit on the hardstanding perfectly, will be posting photos at some point. Now bring on the curry evening and the FUN !::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Cwmcuttan camping site

I have reviewed Eileen's (Dylan's site) site on the review area but just thought I would show it here to:-

'CWMCUTTAN'
Cynghordy,
Llandovery,
Carmarthenshire,
SA20 0LY

TEL: 01550 750 262

www.cwmcuttan.com

EMAIL
eileengarske@btinternet.com

This site is a CL and a little piece of heaven nestling on the edge of the Brecon national park in the middle of Wales run by Eileen & Mark and is set in a seven and a half acre smallholding in Cynghordy just 5 minutes walk from Heart of Wales railway line running up to Shrewsbury and the Midlands and down to Swansea with connections to Cardiff and London.

The nearest town is Llandovery or Llanymddyffri, is just a mile or so away. Llandovery means ‘church among the waters. Llandovery is surrounded by three rivers, the Towy, the Bran, and the Gwydderig. It is a market town that still has a medieval feel to it, and is steeped in history and well worth a visit. It is also has a famous cafe; thousand of motorcycles stop at West End Cafe every year and if you like motorcycles a cup of tea here is a must, any weekend of the year.

It’s situated on a very quiet but accessible road even for American RV’s and only 5 miles from woodland walks in the Brecon’s

It’s not unusual to see all kind of wildlife from the site including Buzzard, Red Kite, Goshawk, Peregrine, Kingfisher, Dipper, Pied Flycatcher in spring and summer, Yellow, grey and pied wagtails, Nuthatch, Tree creeper, Red Start, Siskin‘s, Goldcrests, Long tailed Tits, Green and spotted Woodpeckers, Warblers and Finches beside the common garden birds.
A cock Pheasant and his two wives live in the big field.

It has wonderful small lake with a walk around which is stocked with various fish that love to be feed with leftover bread and it’s not unusual to see Canadian Geese come to the lake for a few days in March, they must be passing through to their summer residence. It’s also not unusual to have Bats, Owls, Badgers and Foxes drinking here to along with an Otter family who Mark discourages as the feed on the fish.

The site itself has 5 hard standing pitches each capable of parking a large American motor home on and some addition grass areas and currently has 10 electric hook-ups that never tripped once while Mhfun held a meeting there which included 4 RV’s and a motor home which can be a test of any sites power capabilities.

The site also welcomes well behaved dogs

Link Removed

It has fresh water point and waste water point and toilet emptying facilities that can be accessed even by large motor homes.

This site is in it’s infancy and Eileen is improving it all the time when she sees the needs of her clients.

You will always receive a warm welcome and I would recommend the site to anyone or small group of campers/caravaners or motor homers (I must be MAD as it a real GEM of a site)

Map information
Map information
Postcode district: SA20 0LY
Grid ref: SN800404
Lat: 52:02:59N (52.04962)
Lon: 3:45:00W (-3.7501)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries