Motorhome with LPG tank (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Looking for a van conversion motorhome really like the idea of having a LPG tank. I have seen the Wildax range, any others with an LPG tank that I should look at?
Thanks
Paul

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Quite a few van conversions have tanks. I understand all Autosleeper vans now have a tank but look in the storage area's they spoil them by fitting the heater, battery and heater pipes in them. That's one of the reasons I have a Wildax where they out of the way :).

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Our Murvi has one but as already mentioned they can be fitted afterwards. The advantages are less space taken up and providing you are travelling where there are LPG stations no faffing around with bottles and with ours and no doubt others, there is a gauge both on the tank and on the dashboard so we know exactly how much gas we have left.

We had a problem with ours this year, a stuck valve prevented re-filling but I think this is very rare and our experience shouldn't put you off and if you have an external BBQ point you can always get a bottle and regulator and run the gas system through the BBQ point if you had to.

Our 12 Kg tank lasted about 6 weeks in Spain.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not sure how much you know about this sort of thing but as well as a fixed refillable underslung tank you can also get refillable gas bottles/cylinders to put in the gas locker.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Our Murvi has one but as already mentioned they can be fitted afterwards. The advantages are less space taken up and providing you are travelling where there are LPG stations no faffing around with bottles and with ours and no doubt others, there is a gauge both on the tank and on the dashboard so we know exactly how much gas we have left.

We had a problem with ours this year, a stuck valve prevented re-filling but I think this is very rare and our experience shouldn't put you off and if you have an external BBQ point you can always get a bottle and regulator and run the gas system through the BBQ point if you had to.

Our 12 Kg tank lasted about 6 weeks in Spain.
its not rare and in fact is very common . specially with the bottles . i know some that have had their bottles replaces three times .
just as well that they do honour the warranties .

Upvote 0

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Having an under slung tank fitted at Autogas 2000 on 20th. 55lt that will give me more gas than the current 13 & 6 kg cylinders I have at present. It will also give a very generous sized beer locker.
Cheers.:drink::drink:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Having an under slung tank fitted at Autogas 2000 on 20th. 55lt that will give me more gas than the current 13 & 6 kg cylinders I have at present. It will also give a very generous sized beer locker.
Cheers.:drink::drink:
Thanks. If you don't mind me asking how much does the LPG tank plus fitting cost?

Upvote 0

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Dont forget the considerable amount of cash you will save on not buying cylinder refils. I recon my set up paid for itself inside 12 months.

Upvote 0

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Hi Paul,
I am having the LPG tank fitted by Autogas 2000 and it is costing £795. The main reason I am having this done is the ease of refilling whilst abroad as it would seem all countries have their own type of cylinder and fitting. I am hoping I will just need a euro style fitting to allow me to fill up with LPG at filling stations whilst filling the diesel tank. Hope this helps.
Cheers Glenn.

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi Paul,
I am having the LPG tank fitted by Autogas 2000 and it is costing £795. The main reason I am having this done is the ease of refilling whilst abroad as it would seem all countries have their own type of cylinder and fitting. I am hoping I will just need a euro style fitting to allow me to fill up with LPG at filling stations whilst filling the diesel tank. Hope this helps.
Cheers Glenn.
You need about three different adaptors, but they are cheap enough to buy. This is the Autogas set but you can just buy them individually if you don't need them all.

http://www.autogasshop.co.uk/filler-adapter-set-with-cotton-bag-947-p.asp

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PaulB
Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Thanks DBK that's usefull
Paul

Upvote 0

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
We have a 20 litre under slung gas tank on our van. This is our first MH so I have nothing to compare it too but it is easy to use/fill and painless. Tank seems to last ages but Im told the gauges are unreliable. I wont know for sure how much we've used til I fill it up.

I was gifted a set of adapters along with a set of silver screens some leveling ramps and some other kit off an ols Pal who has gone back to caravans..

The adapters are cheap off the bay of E and a full set in a fancy dan bag is 15 quid,

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back