Motorhome Window Security (1 Viewer)

Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
Has anyone considered installing the stainless steel security locking strips from the German company called WOMO-SICHERHEIT... They look very promising, though not cheap. I'd be interested to hear ya thoughts and also whether anyone knows of a UK supplier as this could certainly enhance window security. Many thanks =~,#= Holly

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I guess it would be a bit of a deterrent, but not much. If someone wanted into the van and they were prepared to damage the window, would this really stop them? Wouldn't they just pry on it until something plastic snaps on another edge?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Miss Trinity
Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
true about brute force, it will achieve entry. But whilst the rest of our motorhomes are pretty sturdy, i thought it might be wise to review the window issue as its all too easy to pop a catch. At least these devices from Womo-Sicherheit looks like a deterent... Just pondering as i do wild camping in some pretty dodgy towns and cities amongst my wanderings =~,#=

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
its all too easy to pop a catch. At least these devices from Womo-Sicherheit looks like a deterent... Just pondering as i do wild camping in some pretty dodgy towns and cities amongst my wanderings =~,#=

They might look like a dererent to you but to a yob with a wrecking bar it will just amuse him/her.

Have you get @Jim's security manual ? Sound like you might need it.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Scum broke into our van couple of years back (on a CL) they looked at rear window but it’s got the bike rack over it so they just prised the side hab window open until the plastic ‘glass’ cracked & catch gave up!
This was the temp fix-best secure window we had for a while-
9204F950-98AF-4B3E-88C3-D934C8CB5B6E.jpeg
BA20AA65-7FAE-4047-9BC6-7B8AAB403041.jpeg

If they’re determined to get in you won’t stop them!

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
One of the stands at Motorhome shows sells almost nothing but a cheap device to stop windows being opened from outside.
Last summer when I locked myself out I found a bit of wire, stood on my bike and easily opened my 'locked' window in full view of a main road, nobody batted an eye.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back