Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This thread is for the general discussion of the Item Motorhome Wifi. Hit the Review Button at the top of the page to leave a proper review. Feel free to discuss it below.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Unable to review this because I currently use a different device. Bit that concerns me is the ssid and password, does this leave the connection open to hacking?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I have the iboost and I find it brilliant but want to know how to find wi fi with the fon phone app that I have on my phone and then connect to it. ?
I usually use chrome Web page to set up iboost

Last edited:
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I have the iboost and I find it brilliant but want to know how to find wi fi with the fon phone app that I have on my phone and then connect to it. ?
I usually use chrome Web page to set up iboost
Can't give you a definitive answer because I use Solwise kit but If it is similar, the app may not work. The reason for this is that you need to sign the iboost router in to share the wifi and there is no direct connection between fon and the app on the phone. Indeed I would expect the remote wifi connections to be hidden from the original wifi. You should still be able to log into the fon using the web browser, usually defaults to the log in page when you try to do a search. If not I think this link should work https://www.btopenzone.com:8443/.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Chris posted a on the Item

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
SMB posted a on the Item

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Unable to review this because I currently use a different device. Bit that concerns me is the ssid and password, does this leave the connection open to hacking?
Not if you use a strong password. It is no different to a home network. The ssid makes no difference either, you can use a hidden ssid but hackers can still get in if they can guess your password.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Not if you use a strong password. It is no different to a home network. The ssid makes no difference either, you can use a hidden ssid but hackers can still get in if they can guess your password.
True enough but not the point I was trying to make, sorry if I misled you, I will now try to clarify. In Jim's review he docked one star because the system did not allow changes to ssid or password which I thought might be a weakness.

On my Solwise system, which appears to be very similar, I have changed the ssid and passwords on both the admin sign in and for access to the wifi network the device creates. Without changing both I would feel vulnerable. I expect that Motorhome wifi has some built in security but there has been recent publicity about the vulnerability of some home routers and devices, which are open to hacking because they have common passwords.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
True enough but not the point I was trying to make, sorry if I misled you, I will now try to clarify. In Jim's review he docked one star because the system did not allow changes to ssid or password which I thought might be a weakness.

On my Solwise system, which appears to be very similar, I have changed the ssid and passwords on both the admin sign in and for access to the wifi network the device creates. Without changing both I would feel vulnerable. I expect that Motorhome wifi has some built in security but there has been recent publicity about the vulnerability of some home routers and devices, which are open to hacking because they have common passwords.
I understand now. :) If they all have the same default password then yes, folk could share the connection and if someone had the skills then they could gain entry to your devices.
I built my own system using the same components and I can see why Motorhome WiFi have blocked users from the setup screens, they are very complex. :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
True enough but not the point I was trying to make, sorry if I misled you, I will now try to clarify. In Jim's review he docked one star because the system did not allow changes to ssid or password which I thought might be a weakness

The passwords are all different. It’s not like it’s a generic password that’s the same on all iBoosts so it’s not that big a deal.

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Bought motor home two yrs ago after having caravans for 30 years
Pam posted a on the Item

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun