Motorhome WiFi fitted. Flair 8000 (1 Viewer)

fesuvious

Free Member
Jul 11, 2020
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff
Exp
@5yrs
Thought I'd post this up as I'm sure a few on here want to fit it. I'm also sure a few are scared to drill the roof. Well, I didn't.

First off absolute thanks for great service to Sophie at Motorhome Wifi. I couldn't believe how fast delivery was. I placed the order while frustrated at lack of signal for data while staying at East Fleet . The unit was waiting for us on return.

They asked DMS to get in touch.....less on the entire week wasted on them trying to arrange fitting....despite saying 'any day you like' + not haggling + saying 'hey, fit a roof vent/window too?'
No idea what's going on there as I know they have a good rep. Maybe I'm the exception that proves the rule?

So, this afternoon it was either listen to my parents in law ramble on or use the window of a couple of hours to fit it myself. Should have been in he gym but the thought of angsty kids when we next at a site (2 weeks) meant I was happy to trade a gym sesh for this.

So, here are pics
I decided to mount on top of the cowl for the vent above the wardrobe. The silicone is a bit untidy as rain had just started to fall.

Maybe it will convince as few here to purchase?
It works perfectly.

IMG_20200726_174814.jpg

IMG_20200726_174808.jpg

IMG_20200726_174921.jpg

IMG_20200726_174955.jpg

Hardest bit was finding a 12v supply. I tapped the main supply to the sat dish (removed).

I'm using an O2 SIM with unlimited data

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have just had the bigger Huawei unit and aerial fitted and first time I used it the connection was rubbish compared to the phone on the same network, a quick look at settings and turned off the 2.8Ghz option and just left it on 5Ghz and it is now flying.

Martin

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Which system did you get from Motorhome WiFi?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
fesuvious

fesuvious

Free Member
Jul 11, 2020
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff
Exp
@5yrs
Revolvor it's the £300 smart system.

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
We have the 5G Flex system from Motorhome WiFi. Works a charm out in France.

Deleted User
We had ours installed 3 years ago but ironically it's been superseded by big phone data packages. We now use phones for everything and keep the WiFi and several 3 data cards in reserve.

OP
OP
fesuvious

fesuvious

Free Member
Jul 11, 2020
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff
Exp
@5yrs
My issue was inside the Flair we had naff all signal. However stood on the roof holding either phone in the air you could grab some.

Reading up however the aerials on these units are more powerful than phone's are.

But, we shall see. We're back at the same site in 2 weeks. The proof shall be found then.

(Everything is on O2)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Great piece of kit. We are out in the New Forest a lot where the signal is naff at best and data gprs if any. I fitted this unit in place of a removed status aerial and we get strong 4g all the time. (y)

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
They asked DMS to get in touch.....less on the entire week wasted on them trying to arrange fitting....despite saying 'any day you like' + not haggling + saying 'hey, fit a roof vent/window too?'
No idea what's going on there as I know they have a good rep. Maybe I'm the exception that proves the rule?

Hi
As my previous reply stated, We apologize for any delay in dealing with your installation request. We are extremely busy at present. As you can probably imagine this industry is at full capacity across the board.
All Members of staff are completing the technical training for Dometic early part of this This week but
If there is anything i can help with please contact me directly on 07415953575
Regards
Alan

OP
OP
fesuvious

fesuvious

Free Member
Jul 11, 2020
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff
Exp
@5yrs
Alan,
I would dearly love for you to come fit a roof light thingy at your convenience.

An opening hatch type hobby to assist in ventilating over the bed

Pretty much any day to suit you, at any time.

I shall call you .

Matt

Reactions: GBS

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
We had ours installed 3 years ago but ironically it's been superseded by big phone data packages. We now use phones for everything and keep the WiFi and several 3 data cards in reserve.
We use said big data phone SIMs in the 4G router. Having WiFi (and a better / faster signal than the phones get), rather than tethering has many benefits for us. But we’re both working from the van, so 2 laptops, a tablet, and 2 phones. I just took the SIM out of the tablet (still a phone SIM). We’re staying close to my mum - also on holiday in France - so she connects to the WiFi when she’s over.

Even if we didn’t have the 3rd SIM from the tablet, I’d still take one out of a phone and just have call forwarding to the other.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back