sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Got my MIFI and sim activation details today from motorhome wi fi,,,,can i set it all up i the U,K or do i have to wait till in france ? sure some one on here will be able to help me ...:thumb:

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
WIFI

Hi
Set mine up in the Isle Of Man,that makes us foreigners according to most UK Telecom companies.
just set-up as Adam's(Motorhomewifi.com) instructions,important don't forget to check the automatic ISP's then you don't have to change anything when travelling between different Countries.:thumb:

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
how do you top it up, if done by the website you get charged £3.90 admin fee or something like that.
it says also by paypal but gives no instructions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Just put your telephone number in the box, pick the amount from the drop down box and click pay
How easy do you want it:Smile:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just make sure you take all the instructions with you. I set mine up in the UK and it worked fine. Now taken it to Spain with my push bike and I can't get it to work but as all the hotels we have stayed in have free WiFi this has not been a problem.

I think the issue is about manually connecting to a mobile network and after fiddling with it the thing now wants some login details I don't have with me. I am sure motorhomewifi could have helped but as I haven't needed the device I haven't bothered contacting them.

chrissyvine

Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1992

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
that doesnt look easy to me....guess you have to register .....:Sad:

still waiting for motorhomewifi to confirm after 3 days, they have received a copy of my passport to activate the sim.:Angry:
Joe mobile seems to be much more efficient:thumb:, just wish it covered all of europe

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
still waiting for motorhomewifi to confirm after 3 days, they have received a copy of my passport to activate the sim.:Angry:
Joe mobile seems to be much more efficient:thumb:, just wish it covered all of europe

If you read the information sheet that you get with the sim it states that it can take up to 5 days to complete activation.

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Re top up, motorhome wifi give yiu site details direct for vodka phone, and it costs nothing, it's all in italian, but. Very simple to do

http://www.europasim.motorhomewifi.com

Well thats interesting because I've always been charged the top up fee and I have the same system????? Adam, any comment??

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Well thats interesting because I've always been charged the top up fee and I have the same system????? Adam, any comment??

Without checking mine I am sure the instructions state there is a charge if you top up via Motorhome Wifi who will help with any problems but free if done with Vodafone direct but you are on your own if it goes wrong.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Hi Lou020, sorry if we didn't confirm we've received your ID, but your activation was processed on the day we received it. We are processing a larger than usual number of activations and the process requires jumping between different screens and sometimes we might miss replying to you before starting on the next activation. Must try harder!

There is currently a baglog of activations following Newbury and the 5 working days we quote for activations to be returned is going to be more like 7 working days I'm afraid.

I'm sure Joe mobile make a great deal more money on their SIM's (and ongoing usage) then we do, and probably have someone employed specifically for that task.

RechargeMySIM.net is the official method of topping up and charges for the service. If you send me an e-mail with your EuropaSIM number I can e-mail you with the most recent copy of the instructions.

Hope that helps,

Adam

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back