Votes: 395 95.2%
  • Scowler

Votes: 20 4.8%

• Total voters
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
From Selsey to London today everyone waved:thumb: even the policeman when entering London although he may of been waving me to stop:Doh: oh well:ROFLMAO:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Four day bank Holliday mini tour. All MH's waved and not one VW .i don't have anything against vw's but does anyone find they are a bit unsociable compared to some others?:Smile:

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Motorhome Waving

Hi,
Just done a mini tour of Lancashire. Stopped at Caravan Club sites for the first time and was pleasantly pleased, having seen a post about motorhome types on their website.

I waved en route but struggled to see any waves back, it was the spray and low cloud, really should concentrate more on my driving. The left hand seat looks at me gone out...even more so when I comment they are wavers? or did they wave? I even tried the give them a wave! nope that didn't work.
So will carry on waving as though I am part of some special club
:thumb:
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Strange results.

I have been a motorhomer for some time an before that a caravanner for too many years to remember. My recollections are that in the last 47 years when on the road with my with my various outfits about five people have ever waved to me.

The only regulars that acknowledged me were the AA patrol men on motorbikes and they used to salute.

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Help,
I wave to fellow motorhome owners and not getting [STRIKE]many[/STRIKE] any waves back.
Realisation that I am in my car travelling to and from work ...need to get a grip

:Eeek:

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Waving

We always wave, sometimes we get a wave back.... When you drive a .1984 renault traffic with machzone body like us,,,, we really do need support. Even if we are broken down or on tow,, we would love a wave. :helptitanic::helptitanic::loveyou::helptitanic:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I was happy to wave on my Baltic/scandinavian trip recently...but then about 90% of the Germans/french Norwegians etc (not the Swedes I have to say) would not even say hello to me on a campsite or Aire, many people even blanked me (especially the elderly women -most of whom looked like they were chewing a wasp). So I gave up on the basis if you cant be bothered to talk to me I won't be your road plaything and wave. :Doh:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I have a VW Auto sleeper I always wave, no I am not stuck up, thinking some of the other motor homers are though, in the last 3 months have only had 3 wave back, have waved at plenty, feel that they don`t like VW oh well I love mine.:ROFLMAO:

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
It's strange that every time I wave I seem to be waving to one of the very few scowlers as they always (99% of the time) completely ignore me.

What we need is a for all thofe friendly motorhomers to display a very large and obvious smiley on the front of the van.

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
Fu
VW campers do have an excuse.

If you are rolling a spliff it would be dangerous to wave as well.::bigsmile:
nnily enough, people in old VWs and other tiny classic campers are the only ones who wave at us. People in the big posh campers ignore us. Maybe it's just a case of acknowledging kindrid spirits.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
We hired a motorhome when the kids were young and drove to the south coast. I was wondering why other motorhomers were flashing their lights until i guessed it was comraderie. The kids enjoyed the fun and it broke the monotony of the long drive.
Strangley since i bought my own last year i flashed the first one i had seen with no reply. It seems flashing is wrong in more ways than one nowadays.:giggler::giggler::giggler:

P.S. The VW camper people didn't play

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Having just joined this forum and not having our motor home yet I can't really contribute to the mh waving debate, however...

People are just people whether they own a mh, motorbike, cycle or any other means of transport. You'll get friendly owners, miserable owners and everything in between.

We live in a small village on the coast in the Scottish Highlands and next door but one is a 'holiday home', the owners live in the village but the house is let out to 'visitors'. My boss (wife) and I have always noticed that there are two types of people who stay there. 1) Those who smile and speak to the locals and 2) those who don't acknowledge your existence in any way at all!

Those who speak to us get loads of information about the area, great places to visit or to go and eat and lots of local history and information about wildlife etc. Plus of course some friendly chats and human interaction.

Those who don't speak get non of the above. We have also noticed that this type also spend ages locking all the doors and closing the windows when they go out (most people in the village leave their keys in the car so they don't loose them). We always say they must be townies from a big city - we do not know this for sure as they never speak to us!

So my conclusion is that the mh wavers are in category 1 and the non wavers are in category 2.

But what the heck do I know as I don't even have a mh at present... :)

Steveth

Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
Wherever We Are Parked
Funster No
MH
Swift Esprit462 (Freddie)
Exp
Since 2014
We always wave and sometimes flash, the headlights, don't want to cause an accident!!
Hardly any Brits on the Costa Blanca and so far have not come across any Funsters since we got Freddie in Mid June. The search continues.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I tend to just wiggle my fingers, rather than a full blown wave, so probably viewed as a scowler by anyone with less than perfect vision!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back