Motorhome washing and valeting (1 Viewer)

TazzieLola

Free Member
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
Hi
Got some friends who are thinking of starting a business cleaning Motorhomes inside and out.
They are both very experienced and have knowledge of motorhomes and how to clean the roof, solar panels etc. plus cleaning interior to a very high standard.
Do Funsters think this would be a good business and would you pay for this to be done if trained experts could do it for you? They will have all equipment all you would need to supply is the water!
They are will be fully insured and also have a check list which they would use in relation to an bumps and dings. Feedback would be appreciated.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I use Mike at Motorhomevalet who does an A1 job. He is a professional in his discipline. He is always fully booked so demand is there if they know what they are doing and can offer a good service I would think they will have a successful business.
Depends on location and would suggest they contact a few local campsites to get agreement the valet could be done on the sites as very few people have the luxury of parking up outside their homes.

Wishing them every success.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Depends on the anticipated/target cost
Mobile is the key, but would suspect target price to make a sustainable margin, especially for two mouths.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
As above we used Mike a Motorhome valet good job but you have to travel down to his area ie Newbury cost around £100- 150 for a 9mtr van plus 300mile round trip.

Apr 7, 2018
Mostly Sussex and Hampshire
Funster No
Exp
I guess I qualify as a newbie.
@TazzieLola,

Definitely a good idea if they have the sticking power/stamina...

Mike at motorhomevaletDOTcoDOTuk is brilliant but I had to take 3 days out to be there for the middle day for my valet, not to mention travel costs and campsite fees, albeit a great excuse for a mini break! :)

There is definitely a demand judging by the fact that I booked my valet in February and the first available date was 19th June... when he'd finished, he told me he was now taking bookings for October... so he's probably fully booked for the rest of this year by now.

Might even be worth your friends contacting Mike to discuss teaming up in some way, even if only to split geographic areas so that they don't overlap or referring potential clients to each other...

If they go ahead, no doubt you'll remember to put a word out here to let us all know, please.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have been crying out for someone to do a decent job on the van.. Mike is booked so far in advance ( and is not exactly local ! ) he is not an option.

So there is one customer here straight away !

Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
I used Mike last year and he did a great job... left it to late now so my van is a bit grimy...will try and book for early 2019...
They might need to do 'introductory offers' to build up a good rep... so if they are anywhere near Oxford I'll be interested :D

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have Mike do mine. A brill job and I go to him, an excuse for a couple of nights on a pub cl.
He is booked up many months ahead, I book for next year when he does the valet.
I'm sure there's room in the market if they do a good job at a good rate.

OP
OP
TazzieLola

TazzieLola

Free Member
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
Thanks for all the positive responses, & Jaws for the offer to be first customer!! They are a young couple and want to start a business of their own.
They are based in Somerset, not sure what area they want to cover or if they are willing to be mobile up to a certain distance, probably depends on the business need....just testing the water for them..will pass on all your thoughts and if this goes ahead I'll post their info for you all.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
As @Jaws says it would be great to have a reliable professional valeting service reasonably local to us in Norfolk.
I once used a local car valeter but he spent the day whingeing how big the moho was and didn't make a particularly good job.
My feeling, unfortunately, is that if there was a good living to be made there would be lots more doing the job.
I would imagine it is very hard work and so reliant on the weather conditions but I would be next in the queue to Jaws should there be a local contender.

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
We would be interested, but it would depend on

Price

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
They are based in Somerset, not sure what area they want to cover

It’s a fairly big county and could be as close as 20 minutes or best part of two hours from us. But interesting none the less

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
We'd be interested , as could get it done on our way or way back to/from cornwall, please let us know as and when they are up & running

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back