LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
I’m considering buying a warranty to cover our motorhome hab and mechanicals. I realise that a warranty is an insurance policy and that people have differing opinions as to their worth, but I’d appreciate advice from funsters who have one, as to where they bought theirs and a rough guide price. Thank you!

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Reading small print in detail is a top priority.
I had such a policy many years ago and had a claim for a leaking joint on an Alde radiator.
They agreed to cover the part at £3.85 but refused to pay the £670 labour bill to get to the fault. The repair involved removing furniture and drawer frames. Never again.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Save your money, I had one for a Lotus I bought second-hand. Timing chain broke and it took 3 months and legal threats before they paid up anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
I insisted the brokers we bought our new to us moho off put one on . He gave us a years warranty via a warranty company. Tried to claim always find away around paying so save your money. I wish i had opted for knocking the money off the price of the moho.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
these extended insurance backed warranties are not worth the paper they are written on usually. Anything that they can wiggle out of through fine print or by classing as wear & tear will be excluded. Very little is actually covered and even then you have to get the vehicle serviced by the approved dealer on time every time to ensure the vehicle is in the best possible condition. These companies make millions in profit every year and rarely pay anything out without a fight

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back