Free Member
Aug 4, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
low profile coachbuilt
Exp
im a newbie
hi all.due to pick up our new(well new to us laika kreos on Wednesday after being avid tent campers,was excited till I got a call this afternoon saying our vans control panel doesny work.doesnt show battery state or tank levels.anyone have any ideas if its repairable or can you replace.many thanks

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hi welcome. i assume its from a dealer in which case surely it gets fixed before wednesday or as soon as spares are available. if its private, then i guess its dont part with the cash or take it away until its fixed.

it could be as simple as a fuse blown or need a new control panel, difficult to say without some basic testing.

good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I guess the dealer will try and sort it for you, but make sure it l works before you collect it
Just out of interest, where are you buying the van from?
Allan

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome, I have a Laika Ecovip 7r, did you buy it through a dealer if so make sure that they fit it before taking delivery or shortly after. If it can't be fixed then they should order you a new part and fit it free of charge, besides that enjoy your Motorhoming.

OP
OP
S

scovie69

Free Member
Aug 4, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
low profile coachbuilt
Exp
im a newbie
thanks guys.

yes its a dealer in peacehaven.said today that they have been trying for the last 2 weeks but cant get sorted and that to be honest they wont go any further.said we may pull out of deal.like to still buy it as its perfect for us if I can get repaired or a new unit.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
yes its a dealer in peacehaven.sai[HI]d today that they have been trying for the last 2 weeks but cant get sorted and that to be honest they wont go any further[/HI].said we may pull out of deal.like to still buy it as its perfect for us if I can get repaired or a new unit.

so they are happy to sell you a van that is not fit for use:Eeek:

will they pay for a new unit or someone else to fix it :Eeek: i doubt that

if they cant fix it after 2 weeks they are either incompetent to deal with this type of problem, it cant be fixed ( unlikely ) or they are trying it on.

your money but it would need to be a great deal for me to take away a van with no habitation electrics and the knowledge that a dealer cant fix it.

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
yes its a dealer in peacehaven.said today that they have been trying for the last 2 weeks but cant get sorted and that to be honest they wont go any further.said we may pull out of deal.[HI]like to still buy it as its perfect for us if [/HI]I can get repaired or a new unit.

He will know you are keen on it and could be trying it on, what if the problem goes beyond the control panel.
Be very careful don't let your heart rule your head it could be a costly mistake.
Like most people on here we took our time and looked at many vans before we bought.

billy

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
If it were me, I would tell them you want to refuse the van as they have had ample time to fix it and have now stated that they can't do it
If you take the van as it is, you are also going to have problems sourcing a new unit, assuming that is all that is wrong. You don't want to start your motorhoming with a van you can't fix
There are plenty of dealers around Kent. Also, Johns Cross in Battle who is on the forum a lot and by all accounts very helpful and with a good stock of vans
There is another one with a similar layout just waiting for you somewhere else. I used Choose Leisure in Canterbury. They have the ability to get a van prepped and out very quickly
Allan

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Welcome to Motorhome Fun, I honestly think if they are a dealer and not willing to sort this out before you complete the deal, what chance will you have with any further warranty work, not the best start.

There are a lot of vans out there try and buy one from a dealer that will look after you not make excuses.

OP
OP
S

scovie69

Free Member
Aug 4, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
low profile coachbuilt
Exp
im a newbie
thanks felllow funsters

thanks all of you for your views.good news thay sourced a new control panel and all is well.picking our van up next week.looking forward to some great motorhoming.:thumb:

Oct 2, 2012
Shoreham by sea
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi scovie69 im not far from peachaven to brought my motorhome from a dealer there had a large work shop up buy alfriston is it the same one his name was Alex.

OP
OP
S

scovie69

Free Member
Aug 4, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
low profile coachbuilt
Exp
im a newbie
thanks archer

thanks archer but his name isn't alex its jack.dont know where the workshops are who was your dealer?.supposed to be sorted now and waiting for us tomorrow afternoon.cant wait.got 4 days booked next week for our first time motorhoming.let the fun begin...........

Oct 2, 2012
Shoreham by sea
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Glad you got it sorted so where have you picked for your first stay?, Ours was at longleat nice camp site and you can hear some of the animals at night. Sorry forgot welcome to motorhomefun.'Gary

OP
OP
S

scovie69

Free Member
Aug 4, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
low profile coachbuilt
Exp
im a newbie
got it

hi guys and girls.got our van at last and all is well.looking forward to our first trip Wednesday.yippee.

poppy

Free Member
Sep 5, 2011
Solihull
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
since 2011
maybe a nice weekend

Hi all,
I am able to arrange a weekend near brum with a great night of music at Birmingham Symphony hall on the 16th March 2014, with a coach from camp site to birmingham for the day plus the show and coach back to camp site after show, need to know what the interest might be, before I can work out price,I will try to arrange a church hall for a informal get to-geather on the Saturday if people would like,

so provisional

friday, book into site, local pubs, and restaurants. or sit in camp and mix with FUNSTERS

Sat , (will try to get entertainment in local church hall) bring own food to share, )

Sunday coach day trip into brum( free to do as you please) , plus night entertainment at Birmingham symphony Hall and coach back to camp.

as long as I have a coach full 49 people I can get a good price.
please show your intrest and I can get back to you with the camp site and price.:Smile:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi all,
I am able to arrange a weekend near brum with a great night of music at Birmingham Symphony hall on the 16th March 2014, with a coach from camp site to birmingham for the day plus the show and coach back to camp site after show, need to know what the interest might be, before I can work out price,I will try to arrange a church hall for a informal get to-geather on the Saturday if people would like,

so provisional

friday, book into site, local pubs, and restaurants. or sit in camp and mix with FUNSTERS

Sat , (will try to get entertainment in local church hall) bring own food to share, )

Sunday coach day trip into brum( free to do as you please) , plus night entertainment at Birmingham symphony Hall and coach back to camp.

as long as I have a coach full 49 people I can get a good price.
please show your intrest and I can get back to you with the camp site and price.:Smile:

Sounds good to me but I think you would be better off re-posting this under the Rally section, it will get more views there. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back