Motorhome Virgin (1 Viewer)

ChrisB564

Free Member
Mar 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi everyone. After 3 years of looking and saving I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Hymer B564. As my name suggests, I am totally new to this, but then that's half the fun. I'm planning on fitting a 6&11kg refillable gas system, a 150w solar paneland reversing camera. Any advice or recommendations would be welcome. I'm very handy so up for some DIY seeing as bank account is now depleted. I look forward to taking part in this forum and eventually as my experience increases, becoming a contributor. Chris.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Welcome from Wales.

If the bank account is depleted ensure that you make the most of your Fun membership and check out the Fun Discounts thread;

Broken Link Removed

I had my GasIt system by Mullacott Caravans, north Devon;

A bit of a trip for me as I am in Cardiff, but their price was good and they have always done fine work on my motorhome.

There is a small farm site walking distance from them, Shelfin Farm, and as I own a Motorhome I just make it part of a holiday trip. I don't think they offer Fun discounts.

eddievanbitz is a member here and seems to be well recommended, he offers discounts to Fun members, and has a campsite as part of his business. You do need to do things in the correct order to get the discount. Again distance is not an issue, call it a holiday.

Reversing Camera, found my upgrade to a twin lens version was a great move over the single lens.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

ChrisB564

Free Member
Mar 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
A Class
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and advice. I will definitely take a look at the twin lens reversing cameras and get a quote for the gas system from the guys in Devon.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:welcome4:to fun Chris, your certainly going down the right path, I remember back in 2007 thinking refillable gas bottles were expensive but bit the bullet and had them ever since. 😁 Bob.

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Happy Te Amo GIF by murcianys

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Welcome to the house of fun from sunny Suffolk.
Solar kits available online everything included for sub £150 excellent value. Get a flexible 100/120 watt panel and use sikaflex 521 adhesive. A good DIYer, a few hours work.
“Gas it“ have everything you need as you describe for about £300/350.
I would only bother if you intend to do winter or European touring, see how you get on first. Heating used by far the most gas.
Phil

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:
My modding thread might be of interest there is a link in my signature.

Deleted User
Welcome too.

Gaslow is a fantastic system, we have 2x11kgs bottles and serves us well even though our truma hot water and heating is solely gas (not dual) . We usually use find that one bottle is exhausted after a 6 week your (in summer) and a bottle a week in winter. LPG stations are readily available on the continent and available in the UK but need to check on-line and phone ahead (as many state on the website they do LPG but on arrival find that it is old information!!). we usually hook up so generally the fridge runs on electric.

Rear view camera, twin lens. Just be careful about where you site it, particularly if you intend on fitting a bike rack and cover over bikes. Until I re-positioned mine, all I could see was the bike carrier cover!!

OP
OP
C

ChrisB564

Free Member
Mar 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
A Class
Welcome too.

Gaslow is a fantastic system, we have 2x11kgs bottles and serves us well even though our truma hot water and heating is solely gas (not dual) . We usually use find that one bottle is exhausted after a 6 week your (in summer) and a bottle a week in winter. LPG stations are readily available on the continent and available in the UK but need to check on-line and phone ahead (as many state on the website they do LPG but on arrival find that it is old information!!). we usually hook up so generally the fridge runs on electric.

Rear view camera, twin lens. Just be careful about where you site it, particularly if you intend on fitting a bike rack and cover over bikes. Until I re-positioned mine, all I could see was the bike carrier cover!!
Thanks for the advice. All very useful, especially the camera location.

richard wright

Free Member
Oct 20, 2016
suffolk
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
Since 2016
Hi everyone. After 3 years of looking and saving I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Hymer B564. As my name suggests, I am totally new to this, but then that's half the fun. I'm planning on fitting a 6&11kg refillable gas system, a 150w solar paneland reversing camera. Any advice or recommendations would be welcome. I'm very handy so up for some DIY seeing as bank account is now depleted. I look forward to taking part in this forum and eventually as my experience increases, becoming a contributor. Chris.
Nice motor! I have a 2002 b564 and love it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back