Motorhome tracker company

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Trout bum, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Trout bum

Trout bum Funster

Ratings:
    +175
    Hi all anyone know a good tracker company with the old motorhome I was with Tracker and just renewed my years subscription while doing this I informed them I was changing my motor home and gave them the details , now I have been told the unit can't be transferred to my Adria and I need to fork out £240 for a new unit , not going to be dealing with them again so I need to find a new company who are more reasonable and have a better attitude towards there customers any ideas
    Jim

2. TCG

TCG Funster

Ratings:
    +187
    we use Phantom, proactive tracker, it even monitors your battery charge, costs £8.50 ish per month subscription

3. The Wyman's

The Wyman's Funster

Ratings:
    +71
    Can I suggest Cantrack: https://www.cantrack.com

Have GPS trackers and 'Asset' trackers that sleep and report their position. Cantrack also employ investigators so if your motorhome is stolen they will track it down and call the Police to arrange recovery. They recovered a Hymer as reported on this forum a few months ago.

Small company very customer focussed.

4. Madcaravanner

Madcaravanner Funster

Ratings:
    +1,885
    WE have got a new alarm complete with built in tracker and surveillance

Outsmartthethief Lockdown OK the unit is £600+ but includes door controls PIR sensor and panic button and for just £98 a year a manned system works on 2G so you get a signal almost everywhere even if it can take a couple of seconds sometimes but when you decide to lockdown it makes all the radio frequency keys inoperable until you unlock it also had what is called Safestop which you engage if someone drives of with your van and the first time it is stationary the ignition dies and alarms go off

5. Ex-caravantugger

Ex-caravantugger Funster

Ratings:
    +714
    Have a look at Back2U. £195 and no contract. Fit it yourself. Mike

6. stewartwebr

stewartwebr Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +982
    If you want the tracker for insurance purposes most want/insist on Thatcham approved. Outsmartthethief as far as I'm aware is not and may not be accepted. When I had the system they told me they had some form of European type approval which was higher than Thatcham. This may be the case but insurers would not accept and answer was a simple no. None of them.would accept and wanted Thatcham 5

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Terran

Terran Funster

Ratings:
    +146
    If you are looking for peace of mind tracking, and not insurance complaint tracking, take a look at this: 303 Fleet - GPS Vehicle Tracker.
    It sends and receives SMS text messages from your smart phone and can be simply configured to report movement, ignition status, over speed, even geo-fencing.
    Its only £70, simple to install and you can have an internet map account showing you where it is for £20 a year, bargain! But I must stress it doesn't comply with insurance requirements.

8. Allenaah

Allenaah Funster

Ratings:
    +70
    I would recommend Carma not sure if they have a Branch in Scotland though,they fit the Global Telemetrics system with is approve by insurance companies
    i got £120 rebate on my insurance for having it fitted,costs £140 for a years Tracking,they do do a one off payment I think that was £500 for life but its not transferable,

carma-automotive.co.uk/
    https://globaltelemetrics.eu/

9. b16dfs

b16dfs Funster

Ratings:
    +33
    Another vote for Global Telemetrics. It monitors the battery as well.