Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi all anyone know a good tracker company with the old motorhome I was with Tracker and just renewed my years subscription while doing this I informed them I was changing my motor home and gave them the details , now I have been told the unit can't be transferred to my Adria and I need to fork out £240 for a new unit , not going to be dealing with them again so I need to find a new company who are more reasonable and have a better attitude towards there customers any ideas
Jim

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
we use Phantom, proactive tracker, it even monitors your battery charge, costs £8.50 ish per month subscription

Jun 1, 2016
Chesham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since April 2016
Can I suggest Cantrack: https://www.cantrack.com

Have GPS trackers and 'Asset' trackers that sleep and report their position. Cantrack also employ investigators so if your motorhome is stolen they will track it down and call the Police to arrange recovery. They recovered a Hymer as reported on this forum a few months ago.

Small company very customer focussed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
WE have got a new alarm complete with built in tracker and surveillance

Outsmartthethief Lockdown OK the unit is £600+ but includes door controls PIR sensor and panic button and for just £98 a year a manned system works on 2G so you get a signal almost everywhere even if it can take a couple of seconds sometimes but when you decide to lockdown it makes all the radio frequency keys inoperable until you unlock it also had what is called Safestop which you engage if someone drives of with your van and the first time it is stationary the ignition dies and alarms go off

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
WE have got a new alarm complete with built in tracker and surveillance

Outsmartthethief Lockdown OK the unit is £600+ but includes door controls PIR sensor and panic button and for just £98 a year a manned system works on 2G so you get a signal almost everywhere even if it can take a couple of seconds sometimes but when you decide to lockdown it makes all the radio frequency keys inoperable until you unlock it also had what is called Safestop which you engage if someone drives of with your van and the first time it is stationary the ignition dies and alarms go off

If you want the tracker for insurance purposes most want/insist on Thatcham approved. Outsmartthethief as far as I'm aware is not and may not be accepted. When I had the system they told me they had some form of European type approval which was higher than Thatcham. This may be the case but insurers would not accept and answer was a simple no. None of them.would accept and wanted Thatcham 5

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
If you are looking for peace of mind tracking, and not insurance complaint tracking, take a look at this: 303 Fleet - GPS Vehicle Tracker.
It sends and receives SMS text messages from your smart phone and can be simply configured to report movement, ignition status, over speed, even geo-fencing.
Its only £70, simple to install and you can have an internet map account showing you where it is for £20 a year, bargain! But I must stress it doesn't comply with insurance requirements.

Sep 28, 2017
Audenshaw Manchester
Funster No
MH
Compass 180 Rambler
Exp
2017 Just started as Retirement looms in August
I would recommend Carma not sure if they have a Branch in Scotland though,they fit the Global Telemetrics system with is approve by insurance companies
i got £120 rebate on my insurance for having it fitted,costs £140 for a years Tracking,they do do a one off payment I think that was £500 for life but its not transferable,

carma-automotive.co.uk/
https://globaltelemetrics.eu/

Jan 16, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
Since 2016
Another vote for Global Telemetrics. It monitors the battery as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back