Free Member
Mar 9, 2014
Worthing, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 35
Exp
Just purchased my first one in Sept 2013
So sorry to hear about your loss, the same thing happened to us a couple of years ago - cut the alarm and cloned the key. Never seen again. I see it's a Ford Transit - we subsequently learned that the security on them is crap and anyone with any know how can get into them. I know it doesn't help know but just be aware. The 15% we got from our insurer for having the security we had was about a useful as a chocolate teapot, and getting a reasonable payout was like pulling teeth. It's ok being wise after the event but it would be good if we had know this before and I'd have fitted more security as I have with the replacement. I hope yours is recovered as I know just what you mean. Scumbags.

OP
OP
Steve+Maggie

Steve+Maggie

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
SOUTHPORT
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years off and on
Thanks for your comments much appreciated.
We received a fantastic response from our insurers Axa who made what was an awful experience bearable.
They were very sympathetic and we ended up gettting back almost what we paid for our Motorhome less the excess and paid out for the contents - no arm wrestling just constructive discussions. I had all of the receipts for most of the contents and the original receipt for the MH. We ended up being paid out two weeks after the theft which we did not expect.
Just picked up our new Motorhome and first stop was Vanbitz for a Growler Alarm and Non Starter - Nick and the guys are fantastic at VanBitz arrived night before stayed over on their Campsite. They dropped me at the train station the next morning as I went to Plymouth for an appointment. I got back at 3pm and everything was fitted and a good hour was spent explaining the systems. You can’t put a price on piece of mind but once you have suffered a theft you become totally focused.
Needless to say we have not gone for a Ford Transit based Van this time

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back