Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I get at least one email a week about this. I think there are a lot of people out there looking for travelling companions. I'll think about the best way to do something to facilitate this.

OK I’ve been working hard on the magazine but I've finally got round to sorting a site out for Single Motorhomers. I'm still building it but if a couple of you single Funsters can register it will be a help while testing and building.

This is the blurb of the front page and will give you an idea what it is about.

Are you single? Does the thought of travelling alone in your motorhome seem daunting, would you rather have company but don’t know where to find it . If so, you might be in the right place. MohoSolo is a collection of legally single men and women who enjoy traveling in their motorhomes. It’s not a match making or dating service, rather its about companions, friendship and support.. If that’s what you are after then sign up.

There will be a subscription of £20 to capture real names and addresses and stop casual registering; but if you are a subscribing Funster then it will be free to you. So, SINGLE subscribing Funsters who want to join, register there and drop me PM there (Jim) and I can add your subs. Cheers (y)
Oops you'll need the site link . MohoSolo.com

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Whilst I applaud your wish to 'help' I'm a little bit concerned about the responsibility of ensuring people are 'legally' single and the consequences of anything untoward happening from those who 'meet' from your site and whether you could end up liable in some way? I appreciate it's not a dating site but that doesn't mean that those joining it are 'good' people.

Reactions: 68c

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Perhaps we ought to recognise responsibility falls to individuals and not everything can be ‘policed’, there are scrupulous characters in all areas of our lives and we as individuals have to serve our own judgement when going out our lives.

If it’s not a dating site then there are no lies I guess

A line traveller might not be single but merely have a partner who’s not into vans, walking etc

Just another way of framing it I guess

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
about the responsibility of ensuring people are 'legally' single and the consequences of anything untoward happening from those who 'meet' from your site and whether you could end up liable in some way?

Thanks, but I don't see that as an issue for this site.

Deleted User
Can you use same username and password on current motorhome fun site and also the new one.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A19F8D57-55C2-4B9C-9D91-EDCDFE89D525.png
Just found this one having created my own. Just tried to register and while confirming email......

Dec 2, 2013
West Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Back after a 3 year break.
Had the same problem. Registered , got the link, and then ; 'page could not be found'.

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
I would do an introduction but i neither have privileges to post or reply to threads.
I guess it's the confirmation email I'm missing but it's not arrived yet

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Now I sometimes camp on my own, am 'legally' single, but John and I have lived together for almost 19 years.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Now I sometimes camp on my own, am 'legally' single, but John and I have lived together for almost 19 years.

that's what I was thinking Sue, there are a few folks I can think of that use their vans solo and as it's not dating thing then don't see why the 'legally single' is relevant - or am I just being picky.....;)

I've registered anyway, not sure why as I can be a bit anti social:LOL:

Bobnmyrtle

Free Member
Dec 7, 2012
Royston
Funster No
MH
Hi-top
Exp
Since 2007 following 35 years caravanning
I am wondering whether the word “single” applies to travelling style or social status. With a husband permanently in a care home am I and people in similar circumstances eligible?

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Bob I think there’s too much emphasis on the matchmaking element! Solo traveller is a person traveling solo.. not someone who’s desperate to meet a new beau ! Some people are very happy being single etc

Knowing others are solo and open for discussions, chats and swapping stories is great opportunity !

Deleted User
Is Mohosolo.com still active, unfortunately it had a slow take up when launched.

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
OK I’ve been working hard on the magazine but I've finally got round to sorting a site out for Single Motorhomers. I'm still building it but if a couple of you single Funsters can register it will be a help while testing and building.

This is the blurb of the front page and will give you an idea what it is about.

Are you single? Does the thought of travelling alone in your motorhome seem daunting, would you rather have company but don’t know where to find it . If so, you might be in the right place. MohoSolo is a collection of legally single men and women who enjoy traveling in their motorhomes. It’s not a match making or dating service, rather its about companions, friendship and support.. If that’s what you are after then sign up.

There will be a subscription of £20 to capture real names and addresses and stop casual registering; but if you are a subscribing Funster then it will be free to you. So, SINGLE subscribing Funsters who want to join, register there and drop me PM there (Jim) and I can add your subs. Cheers (y)
Oops you'll need the site link . MohoSolo.com

I am free to travel with anyone. My ideal partner would be someone really old, that is filthy stinking rich with no one in the will.
If they were proper rich, would may be even be prepared to "Take one for the team"
If dirty stinking rich - like so much money they couldn't spend, could even be prepared to travel with a male "Sugar daddy"!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I am free to travel with anyone. My ideal partner would be someone really old, that is filthy stinking rich with no one in the will.
If they were proper rich, would may be even be prepared to "Take one for the team"
If dirty stinking rich - like so much money they couldn't spend, could even be prepared to travel with a male "Sugar daddy"!
I could be your perfect partner.....if I told a lot of lies 😉🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back