Motorhome Snobbery (5 Viewers)

Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
People being snobby is like a red rag to a bull with me. I tend to then go over the top with burping and farting and generally being a twat, then snigger like a schoolboy when they turn their noses up!! I can't be arsed with people like that in any walk of life. Generally, I'm a really nice chap........until its time to turn on the inner Rab C Nesbit (well a Welsh version)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Yes there is some people in caravans and Motorhomes who think thay are better than any one else dut most of these have not come t
Through the ranks tents old caravans Motorhomes to these people
I say get a life if rains on me it going to rain on you
Happy camping Robbo
I started my camping career under a plastic sheet on Hastings beach at a party, then progressed to a tent the following year halfway up Snowden. Since then we have worked our way through bigger tents, camper vans, a couple of caravans and now a new motorhome.
The only motorhome snobs we have ever come across were the owners of a huge RV with personalised plate parked on the aire at Fort Mahon Plage last year.
They blanked everyone on the site, obviously feeling superior in their expensive van. They moved when a converted ambulance pulled up next to them driven by a dreadlocked hippy with a guitar.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I started my camping career under a plastic sheet on Hastings beach at a party, then progressed to a tent the following year halfway up Snowden. Since then we have worked our way through bigger tents, camper vans, a couple of caravans and now a new motorhome.
The only motorhome snobs we have ever come across were the owners of a huge RV with personalised plate parked on the aire at Fort Mahon Plage last year.
They blanked everyone on the site, obviously feeling superior in their expensive van. They moved when a converted ambulance pulled up next to them driven by a dreadlocked hippy with a guitar.
Then the Hippy moved when an American turned up with his banjo

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
People being snobby is like a red rag to a bull with me. I tend to then go over the top with burping and farting and generally being a twat, then snigger like a schoolboy when they turn their noses up!! I can't be arsed with people like that in any walk of life. Generally, I'm a really nice chap........until its time to turn on the inner Rab C Nesbit (well a Welsh version)

Hello twin I never knew I had !
Just walked the dog, met another dog walker and said "good morning" to her, totally blanked me, so I responded with "oh it's not then". I just couldn't ignore someone being pleasant, what an ignorant bitch..............

I would have driven off my pitch and parked alongside the hippy:xThumb:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Well... I am a motorhome snob.

It would be almost impossible for me not to be because I own (fully paid for) and live in, the most beautiful, most classy, most distinguished, most used, 1987 Mercedes Hymer 660S in the world.

I just about tolerate other motorhomers, even the ones with modern (post 1989), front wheel driven, tarmac parking, campsite staying, plastic vans, as long as they show the required amount of respect towards my classic van.

While outwardly appearing friendly and in awe of the features of their chip managed, cam belt driven, turbo charged motorhome with its built in wine rack, concertina paper blinds and mood lighting, inside I am thinking...

"My van is much, much better in so many, many ways than this."

JJ :cool:

And so say all the Hymer owners .. Haha

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Try describing what we do to a Martian? We go into a field, often leaving perfectly habitable houses, sleep in a tin box, eat food, often burnt, cooked over a flame or two. We pee and poo into a pot, which we then have to take out and tip/pour somewhere else. We put water in to the tin box using a hose, then pour it our our heads and then pour it back out using a "different" hose!

I could go on, but after all of that, many would be questioning why on Earth (talking to Martians remember LOL) we would bother?

Having described what we do, the Martian would probably ask:-

why?:Eeek:
I was just musing, on my long drive to Portsmouth, that the martian would probably arrive in a tin box himself. He may understand the tin box concept, but think, looking at our MoHos, why are they all squared and white? And no wonder these tin boxes need wheels, they'll never get into space with those things!
That got me wondering about Major Tim and co, what do they do with their effluence? If they just jettison it, does it continue on at 17,000 miles an hour? Do they therefore need windscreen wipers next time around? Does it slow down and re-enter? Does it burn up on re-entry, or just cook?
Yep, I got just a little bored.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I did my fist solo weekend away close to our Beach, a husband and wife aged about 45 odd were kite surfers I did say hello to them I was parked 200 feet away, they looked at me like they had stood in dog crap and never answered a hello in return, other MH kite surfers told me they came often to the area and they this the sun shines out their Ass, bloody hell, I bet they haven't got the Queens award for Export as I have, so snobbery yes in a few I guess, I will find out more as I go to Europe this winter, met MH people before when I was HGV in Europe never found them to be snobs in fact they were up for a laugh and joke,

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
The ONLY time I came across motorhome snob was in brittany when it was particularly hot and this guy sauntered over and enquired whether I had air conditioning. Nope! He couldn't understand why anyone wouldn't have it. Besides the fact we were sat outside anyway.
He then remarked on our moho and I invited him in and he was truly shocked at the space inside. Saying about A/C again, I said too expensive to justify particularly as, at that time, best I could get away was 2 weeks in France.
Lots of caravan/motorhome jealousy though.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I think most motorhome owners are snobs .................otherwise why would they prefer to go wilding in some out of the way place so that they didn't have to talk to ,or be nice to anyone. ...as I said just a thought ..hahahaha..lol

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I travel around a lot and I don't see the snobbery; probably because my motorhome is so superior to most everything else out there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Oi Mr Khizzie...

...We Rufty Tufty, Off Site, Motorhomers sometimes leave our secret, peaceful hideaways and mix with the hoi-poloi and ordinary campers for a little while...

Even I do this every now and again so folks can see what a proper, quality built, classic Mercedes based, rear wheel driven, A Class motorhome looks like.

It would be mean of me to deny people the thrill of getting a glimpse of such beauty and style. :whistle:

Indeed if you make it as far as Portugal on your trip, I might even let you wash/polish some of the van. (y)

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back